Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Number of Mitsubishi dealerships in U.S. & other countries -- how many dealers?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Now if only there was a Mitsubishi dealer closer than a 5 hour drive one way from me that would be an improvement!
    My local dealership closed a couple years ago. The nearest one now is about 40 minutes away. Guess I should feel LUCKY?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    There are three Mitsubishi dealers within a 15 mile radius in my area (S. Florida/Miami).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MiamiMirage For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (02-03-2019)

U.S. update: 367

So, down a bit from when this thread was started.

But with plans to expand, according to new CEO, Fred Diaz:

The company's 367 dealers represent about 61 percent of the U.S. market today, he said. He hopes to grow that number north of 90 percent.

"I know for a fact we can double our sales," Diaz said.
    https://www.autonews.com/dealers/mit...p-double-sales

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Do most Mitsubishi dealers look tiny like used car lots? The "Highest volume dealer in Canada" is pretty small and rarely has parts in stock. It's not uncommon for them to refuse to sell more than 10 oil filters at one time cause they don't have enough on hand.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Do most Mitsubishi dealers look tiny like used car lots? The "Highest volume dealer in Canada" is pretty small and rarely has parts in stock. It's not uncommon for them to refuse to sell more than 10 oil filters at one time cause they don't have enough on hand.
    MY closest Mitsubishi dealership was a used car dealership before becoming a Mitsubishi dealership, & sadly I find them to be very repulsive. Their radio ads, website, & how they do business is just lame! If I hadn't looked past the bad practices of this dealership, I would have never bought a new Mirage.

Overall, Mitsubishi dealerships in Wisconsin seem pretty "rinky dink" to me. If there's a good one in our state, I am not aware of it yet. The lack of good established dealerships is a handicap for Mitsubishi in my mind. Some people I know wouldn't bother looking at a Mitsubishi for that reason alone.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-15-2019)

Agreed, I've never been so irritated by a dealership before over and over and over. I recommend the Mirage to anyone that asks me about them but not the dealer I've dealt with. But they do seem to be the cheapest. They must be able to offer lower prices with all the money they save by having low priced staff that nobody else wants?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Do most Mitsubishi dealers look tiny like used car lots?
    That describes the dealership where I bought mine pretty well. It's basically a parking garage in Scottsdale. Most of their business is in used cars.

That place looks big compared to this one Attachment 14586
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow, that is pretty sad-looking. That's what came up when you searched for "dumbass mitsubishi"?

I looked it up, and Edmonton (pop. 1.3 million) has three Mitsubishi dealerships ("Northside," "West Side," and "Southside" lol). The Phoenix metro area (pop. 4.7 million) has four. Their combined inventory is about 500 new cars.

This is one Chevy dealer near me, one of more than a dozen in the metro area. This location alone has more new cars than all the Mitsubishi dealerships combined.

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    We just got a new Mitsubishi dealer in Portland—Rodger Kehdi Mitsubishi. It used to be a used car lot. I'm very, VERY much hoping it gets a remodel. It's currently bright green with a printed vinyl banner (see photo via their Facebook page).

Name:  60566217_185543689006958_2202608866049392640_o.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  94.1 KB

Plus, I'd say 80% of the stuff they post on their page is used cars (not new), but that seems to be fairly commonplace among Mitsu dealers.

I hope they get a full remodel; I'd love for it to be my Mitsu dealer as it's 5 min from my house.