Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Number of Mitsubishi dealerships in U.S. & other countries -- how many dealers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Number of Mitsubishi dealerships in U.S. & other countries -- how many dealers?

Just posting this for future reference. Sometimes it's useful to know how many dealers there are, when you're following Mirage sales numbers.

Apparently these numbers aren't generally made available. EG: in this interview, a U.S. Mitsubishi dealer says:

What happened to Mitsubishi's dealer count in the United States last year. Did it change?

I'm not privy to those numbers, but I believe it was flat and it's around 380 dealerships.
    (Source: Automotive News / Ryan Beene -- January 26, 2014)

In a 2013 article, we read that it's 373 U.S. dealers.
    (Source: Wards Auto / Steve Finlay -- Mar 18, 2013)

Last week, Ken Konieczka, vice president-sales operations (US) is quoted referring to:

"our (360-count) dealer body"
    (Source: Wards Auto / Christie Schweinsberg Jan 8, 2016)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-19-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Interesting. I wonder if, with Mitsu's great sales the past year if they've continued loosing dealers? I highly doubt anyone is jumping on the wagon to make new Mitsu dealerships... yet.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if, with Mitsu's great sales the past year if they've continued loosing dealers? I highly doubt anyone is jumping on the wagon to make new Mitsu dealerships... yet.
    I have tried on a couple times to get a Mitsubishi franchise. There picky. I live in a city with about 150,000 people metro and they still wont let me get one. The 2 closest dealers are both an hour away.
    I love everything about Mitsubishi!!!!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    The closest Mitsubishi dealership is so rundown it might close any minute.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    The closest Mitsubishi dealership is so rundown it might close any minute.
    Well, it seems like severa dealerships have closed in the couple of years since this thread was started.

Mitsu US has gone from 360 to 355 dealerships:

Through a network of approximately 355 dealer partners across the United States...
    Mitsubishi Motors welcomes Westgate Triad Mitsubishi into growing dealer network

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Well, it seems like severa dealerships have closed in the couple of years since this thread was started.

Mitsu US has gone from 360 to 355 dealerships:

Mitsubishi Motors welcomes Westgate Triad Mitsubishi into growing dealer network
    Now if only there was a Mitsubishi dealer closer than a 5 hour drive one way from me that would be an improvement!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Now if only there was a Mitsubishi dealer closer than a 5 hour drive one way from me that would be an improvement!
    My local dealership closed a couple years ago. The nearest one now is about 40 minutes away. Guess I should feel LUCKY?

One of those articles said that when Suzuki pulled out of the U.S., some of their dealers went with Mitsu.

I'm not sure if that's a good or bad sign.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Suzuki pulled out 4 or 5 years ago right?

There seems to be one per large metro area here in NY. Utica doesn't have a Mitsubishi dealer. I was surprised when I saw one Mirage in Utica. I'm guessing they went to Albany or Syracuse to get it.

That's somewhat surprising. I would have thought they'd be eager to have new stores.