Thread: Original seat covers

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Question Original seat covers

Is there already a DIY on how to remove the original seat covers of our mirage? im not talking about the free seat covers but the OEM seat covers. i was trying to look for a spot if it had a zipper or something but couldnt find anything.

at the back bottom of the seat theres somthing like a metal that seems to hold both ends of the seat cover and its really hard to remove, cant event pry or twist with pliers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Most seat covers aren't real hard to remove. They usually are attached with 'hog rings'. You simply cut the rings and you can remove the cover. You will have to replace the rings when you reinstall. Hog rings and hog ring pliers can be bought at any upholstery store.

Name:  hogring.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  44.5 KB

Sometimes seat covers are attached to the foam with adhesive. In this case you can peel the two apart, but its kind of a pain. I did this with a Sunfire I had to install an aftermarket heated seat kit. To put it back together I just used some spray adhesive. It wasn't the prettiest thing once it was back together, but it kept your butt warm!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Most likely it is put on the same way as on any other car: with hog rings. You would need to take seats off, remove staples and/or edge wire and hog rings to take it off. Check youtube there should be a bunch of videos on how-to.

Be careful the metal parts will be sharp, I got more than a couple cuts when I put leather seats a few years back good luck.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)