Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who would be interested in an alternative rear sway bar option?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think getting the Ultra Racing- Rear sway bar shipped from Malaysia and installed for around $200 is a good deal. The rest of the 7 pieces they offer for around $120-$135. I emailed Mitsubishi about part numbers for the (stock) rear sway bar and the front upper strut brace. They told me to buy a third party rear sway bar or shock tower brace and have it installed. Since both use factory hardware to install they would not void the warranty. They did offer me a part number for the front top strut tower brace in the US, but told me that the rear sway bar was not available in the US because it is not shipped there or offered on any models even though it is offered in other markets. They even apologized for my conceived lack of performance of the model (2015 DE). Per their mail, "The Front Sway Bar Part Number is 4056A139".

-Chris

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I'm not aware of any market that gets an OEM rear sway bar for the Mirage.

I believe in Malaysia and PH they don't get a front sway bar though. It was added mainly for AU, Europe, and US / Canada.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    I'm not aware of any market that gets an OEM rear sway bar for the Mirage.

I believe in Malaysia and PH they don't get a front sway bar though. It was added mainly for AU, Europe, and US / Canada.
    The US version does not come with a front sway bar :/ That's why I just ordered the UR one... I never even asked my dealer about the price of the OEM bar, but I'm sure its more than the $120 I'm spending on the UR product :P

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Okay haha, what UR part number did you order? They don't have a front sway bar listed on their site...

http://ultraracing.my/ecatalog/index...back-1-2-2012/
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Okay haha, what UR part number did you order? They don't have a front sway bar listed on their site...

Name:  UR_strut_tower_brace.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  50.7 KB

That is because it isn't called a front sway bar that's what Mitsubishi called it :P It's actually a strut/shock tower upper brace/bar :P The lower front is a 4 point chassis brace... Also, the Rear Sway bar, isn't really a sway bar (sway bars connect to the frame and the shocks) it is a torsion bar brace. Contact NextGenTuning in Clearwater, FL for pricing. I actually contacted Ultra Racing first and was directed to Evan@NextGenTuning.

http://nextgentuning.com/

This forum post is a good read!
    http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...!-Ultra-Racing
    Last edited by HitShane; 02-04-2016 at 06:15 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    My Mirage needs a $100.00 sway bar.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    So, is this idea dead in the water? Is the Mirage enthusiast community going to let Ultra Racing be the last word in sway bars??

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would be interested in a rear sway bar for the mirage. I don't want to spend $250 on a UR that will just rust away.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I mentioned the idea to Progress and never heard back from them. I poked them once for any feedback and got none. My guess is there just isn't enough interest to be worth their time.

I do have something else in the works. I'm working with another member to put it together. When I have more info I'll be posting it up.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    I would be interested in a rear sway bar for the mirage. I don't want to spend $250 on a UR that will just rust away.
    I don't know how long you plan on having your car, but you could always paint the bar to protect it further. I know one guy's rusted through the weld and UR replaced the bar free of charge after 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrybeaver View Post
    So, is this idea dead in the water? Is the Mirage enthusiast community going to let Ultra Racing be the last word in sway bars??
    If you go buy the equipment, purchase steel stock, R&D the best solutions, then produce a finished product; I'll buy an entire set from you.