Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weighted Shift Knobs! Why should you get one?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontee View Post
    Good luck on those hot summer days, and cold winter mornings.
    Its all good man. I've had metal knobs in all my cars. My del sol, I had the genuine skunk2 shift knob (but they don't make it in gold so I couldn't get another for the mirage *frown face*), my s2000 I had a skunk2 6 speed knob, my STI has an aluminium perrin shift knob, and now my mirage has the gold blox knob. Winter driving isn't bad, its winter now and I have no issues, you aren't supposed to keep your hand on your shift knob anyway, just short shifts and then back to steering wheel or in your lap (or arm rest lol if you have one). In the summer, yeah its hot, but I deal XD plus if you have A/C just put the ac on and after a few minutes it cools down. Also I usually TINT my car and that reduces heat from the sun thus it wont heat up as much. Cheers!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by namco View Post
    you aren't supposed to keep your hand on your shift knob anyway
    This. I've seen the "it'll get hot/cold" argument lots of times online. If you're burning or freezing your hand on the shift knob, you're not driving right.

I've got a nice one from my Integra, but the threads are different

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    bought me a shift knob as per this thread.

it's a bit heavier than stock, definitely shifts abit smoother. not drastic though as I expected.

the unergonomic feel will take time to get used to though. but same as my OEM armrest, I used to bump it all the time when I first installed it then after a while it's all good.

the kit includes 3 grub screws, 2 different sized plastic inserts, and an allen key.

Name:  shiftknob.jpg
Views: 1417
Size:  94.3 KB

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gunlak For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-23-2016)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    is it possible to install somthing like this with our mirage? not the shift knob but the panel below.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1327
Size:  23.1 KB

cant edit the pic just got it from google for reference

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    is it possible to install somthing like this with our mirage? not the shift knob but the panel below.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1327
Size:  23.1 KB

cant edit the pic just got it from google for reference
    Yeah if you can do metal work, measure the H pattern to make it fit, sure. I dunno if any generic metal plate would work.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    mmm. a gated shifter.

a modified center console with a routed aluminum plate is the way to go. though it would look out of place in my opinion since they're typically found in supercars.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    There is no I in team. But there is a PU in group and you guys stink.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 35.1 mpg (US) ... 14.9 km/L ... 6.7 L/100 km ... 42.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gunlak View Post
    mmm. a gated shifter.

a modified center console with a routed aluminum plate is the way to go. though it would look out of place in my opinion since they're typically found in supercars.
    Our Mirage is also a super car in a different way Like its FC.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    United States:

I see it for $37.21 on Amazon (open box item) the Gold Color Blox

Blox Racing BXAC-00236-GD Limited Series 24K Gold 10 x 1.25mm Thread Size Billet 6-Speed Shift Knob

They also have them in silver color. I think the gold one may look a little too gawdy, personally but to each his own

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    United States:

I see it for $37.21 on Amazon (open box item) the Gold Color Blox

Blox Racing BXAC-00236-GD Limited Series 24K Gold 10 x 1.25mm Thread Size Billet 6-Speed Shift Knob

They also have them in silver color. I think the gold one may look a little too gawdy, personally but to each his own
    I was going for a black/gold theme, but, seeing as most of the interior trim is silver,I've decided personally to switch my shifter to a more silver/gunmetal color. I posted 2 pictures in this post of what the blox looks like. After I get my gunmetal/silver skunk2 shifter, ill take pictures of it. It too is weighted pretty heavy to have smoother shifts.

The biggest part of having a heavy shifter for me, is when i'm coming to a stop light, i don't have to waste time doing a full shift to neutral, i can literally just tap the shifter and it will swing into neutral no issues, and never goes too far into the lower or higher gear.