Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage G4 sedan debut: reactions from the blogosphere (TTAC, C&D, AB, Jalopnik etc.)

mitsumi: not sure what your question is, but the redesigned hatch was announced with revised spring & damper tuning, plus stiffened mounts at the L.A. auto show. Also, larger front & rear brakes and upgraded friction material for the pads.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Green Car Reports

I sent in a tip to them and they published a neutral, fact-based piece about the sedan:

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/...onto-auto-show

Only a few commenters so far, unfortunately most are already negative.

EG: typical peanut gallery reply:

- "Looks like a dud"
    - "More re-hashed junk."
    - "An uninspiring car for a tired, dwindling segment."

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

OK, those commenters irked me. I posted a reply on the GCR report.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    - "Looks like a dud"
    - "More re-hashed junk."
    - "An uninspiring car for a tired, dwindling segment."

Right - it's these same people that have never driven a Mitsubishi. I have owned one Mitsubishi, a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. Now, it ended wrong, with a busted serpentine belt that was recalled 2 weeks after ours busted. We traded in the engine-dead car and so we received no compensation from Mitsubishi. But the fact is, Company's are not perfect, and car buyers are not perfect. The Lancer GTS situation ended badly, but, the car had a few more than 130,000 miles that were literally flawless on it.

Am I gonna can everything Mitsubishi puts out for sale forever from that point in mid-2014 on? Of course not! Mitsubishi engineering is as sound as a pound. I trust it, I like the good points of the Mirage hatchback, I like the 2017 model redesign and I want to learn a lot more about the 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 sedan. I'm sure there's going to be a lot to like.

But these people who troll on to a car world wide website and just drivel-down a new car model, before the car is even out especially, are brain-dead. Ridiculous treatment - yeah, I spend some time on Edmunds.com, and posters on there pummel Mitsubishi mercilessly. I stick up for Mitsubishi. I am very interested in the 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage hatch and G4 sedan, and I would never just pummel down a brand new car by just reading some stats on it and blasting away like that. Stupid comments from stupid people.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mitsuman For This Useful Post:

inuvik (02-15-2016),mitsumi (02-16-2016),Tinker1980 (04-19-2016)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Maybe, as far as reviews, it's the underlying attitude towards the Japanese going back closing in on 75 plus years now. Funny how the huge German originated corporations are not included in that attitude towards former adversaries. Pop had a lot of respect for the German air force pilots in WW2, but when it came to the Japanese we still use a term I'm sure many would consider offensive if the tables were turned on us.

If you have ever read about the amazing capabilities of the Zero of WW2 fame you would see similarities in the reaction of US combatants to that Mitsubishi product. It's possible that that fear, which was dispelled to a point, when the Aleutian crash gave the US a repairable example of one of the most feared fighters of that long ago conflict.

Once the US had that example in it's flying inventory, we better understood the brilliance of the engineering involved in it's design, the myth of invincibility was exposed.

Super light weight, economical to the extreme, maneuverable in the extreme, fantastic rate of climb, at the cost of self sealing tanks and other pilot protection devices that were sacrificed to provide superior performance. Once we knew that planes weaknesses in performance we first developed tactics to counter those advantages, then we built planes with superior climb rates that dominated the skies later in that conflict.

Sounds familiar and my WW2 veteran Pop really enjoys the back seat of my Mirage, a guy who owns a Cadillac Eldorado.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I posted a few!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Yah, me too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    old mechanic - great post above. I think Mitsubishi gets prejudiced against a lot. It's stupid and I won't go along with it!

G4 sedan debuts in U.S. tomorrow

The sedan will be unveiled at the NY auto show tomorrow...

Are you ready for the hate?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    You must mean jealousy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)