Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Mirage G4 sedan debut: reactions from the blogosphere (TTAC, C&D, AB, Jalopnik etc.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Exactly. 17 grand is too much for the sedan and 16 is too much for the hatchback. Every single review stated that the car is not worth it at the higher trim levels. I am not sure about anyone else but I would have never paid what the sticker price was on my car. If not for a large rebate and a dealer discount, I would have gotten a Honda Fit. They have Fits at the dealer that I got the Mirage and the sticker prices were way too close to each other. Put the cars side by side and compare the sticker prices and nobody would buy a Mirage over the fit. The reason people do is because of the discounts making it far cheaper. Instead of playing a discount game all of the time just lower the price by 2 grand so it looks more appealing without rebates. Most people don't know about the rebates at first and just go by sticker price. Then add on top of that, Hondas reputation and amazing resale value, there is no way the Mirage will ever sell in large numbers at those sticker prices.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gnarles2 For This Useful Post:

cyclopathic (04-03-2016)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    $16,000+ for a G4 w/ C.V.T. is a bit too much . Hopefully Mitsubishi will feel generous with the rebate and dealer(s) with their own discount like they did with the intro of the '14s and the oust of the '15s . Especially since the TOYOTA Yaris sedan (Ia , Mazda2 ) will have a base model with more safety features and excelllent crash test results ( 5 star , including offset ) . Much depends on the outcome of the G4 tests at I.I.H.S..
    Last edited by cinder; 04-06-2016 at 03:07 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cinder For This Useful Post:

Gnarles2 (04-06-2016)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    i read one comment and said
    Does not look like something for the US market.
    why? what if those cars that are loved by the US is made and branded as mitsubishi will they still get one? pft!

BTW! loved your comment @cobrajet

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Speaking of tenstions:

Reuters: Saudi Arabia could sell off billions in American assets if bill passes: NYT
    Reuters: The Great Debate: When will Russia break?
    It's true, we have enjoyed a relatively prolonged period of peace & prosperity.

Any interest in taking this topic to it's own thread in the lounge? Who thought the little Mirage would/could be involved in such high stakes...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Speaking of tenstions:

Reuters: Saudi Arabia could sell off billions in American assets if bill passes: NYT
    Reuters: The Great Debate: When will Russia break?
    It's true, we have enjoyed a relatively prolonged period of peace & prosperity.

Any interest in taking this topic to it's own thread in the lounge? Who thought the little Mirage would/could be involved in such high stakes...
    Yah, we should move these to the lounge, be fun to kick this subject around a little more

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Agree the whole oil price situation deserves a separate thread let's move any further discussion on this to longue.

IMHO the iA discussion also deserves a separate thread. Perhaps we should have a Mirage G4 vs Versa sedan vs iA vs Accent sedan thread to discuss this?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-17-2016),inuvik (04-17-2016)

Thanks
    When being threatened with blackmail due to an out of marriage affair, the Duke of Wellington (beat Napoleon at Waterloo) responded "Publish and be damned".

If Saudi Arabia tries to hurt the US economy just withold every penny we spend on military protection and aid. They will regret their stupidity and their future relies on secure investments.

regards
    mech
    Last edited by deleted user; 04-17-2016 at 07:13 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

thread split

FYI:

I moved the Scion iA discussion to a new thread:

Thread: Mirage G4 sedan VS. Scion iA (aka Toyota Yaris sedan)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

cyclopathic (04-19-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    any actual sightings of G4? when is it supposed to hit dealerships?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Mitsu Canada says it goes on sale in June. I'm sure it'll be around the same time in the U.S.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

cyclopathic (04-19-2016)