Thread: New cams for 2017?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

New cams for 2017?

I saw reference to a different cam for the 2017 model year. I have the bug now that I have driven one of these and will probably always try to drive it when my GF is around.

The 2015 suspension seems ideal for the crappy roads around here. I understand they are going to stiffen it up a tad in 2017 which might not be the best for me.

How about the cams or anything else though? I would rather wait as long as I can to save more money to have lower payments or none at all.

Conor

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Great! Thanks. This might be worth waiting for!

Conor

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    If you got a 2017 and wanted to trade springs I'm sure someone with a 2015 would be game.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    True! I am sure the 2017 suspension is seen as an upgrade by most people and many would be willing to trade. I would first drive it and see how it does in my conditions. I drive lots of rural roads including gravel so we are not talking about a smooth racetrack by any means.

Conor

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would also be worried about messing with the warranty by doing this. Maybe having the work done at the dealer and splitting the cost with the person getting my springs for the switch wouldn't invalidate the warranty. It would be all genuine Mitsubishi parts and service of course.

Any opinions on that?

Conor

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What is the release date of the 2017 model? I assume it will be like July since there isn't a 2016 model. Everything is just a numbers game in this world and I know skewing the model years plays a big part in CAFE standards and the like.

Conor

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I think our best guess is Spring or early summer for the 2017 model. We'll likely find out more when the New York auto show rolls around.

Interestingly, the dampers haven't changed yet that we know of, just the springs from early 2014 to 2015. For more info see:

Mirage suspension history (factory revisions/changes)

I highly doubt they'd deny warranty if something happened unless the spring itself broke. Its highly unlikely they'd even notice the springs are different. To top it off, I don't think anyone here has had suspension issues.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nice! Suspension is another weak link on the Geo Metro. I seem to start having my lower ball joints loosen up after a year of driving around here. At least I have lifetime warranty ones from Autozone and this isn't really a big job. I have to admit I don't take it easy when driving on bumpy roads so I am sure that doesn't help.

Conor