Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: How many miles did your Enasave (OEM) tires last?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I only got 14k on my stock tires but I did do frequent burnouts.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I have replaced my rear tires, one at 52k, one at around 65k, and now my fronts are down to 2/32 at 71k miles. Going to replace them very soon (like within a few days)
    Bought Enasaves, I did ok with them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tomrad For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-15-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomrad View Post
    I have replaced my rear tires, one at 52k, one at around 65k, and now my fronts are down to 2/32 at 71k miles.
    Dude...did you ever get an alignment check?!?!?!?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Dude...did you ever get an alignment check?!?!?!?
    No, since I figured I was getting more miles out of non-rotated Enasaves than most people get from them with regular rotations.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tomrad For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (03-19-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Cool thread. I have 21,000 miles on mine with 6/32 left on the tread. I am figuring about 40K life on them. I run 44psi.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    How long did my enasaves last........ Well I got 3265 miles on my brand new car and just had a sidewall blow out on right rear... whoohoo....

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by guthraee View Post
    How long did my enasaves last........ Well I got 3265 miles on my brand new car and just had a sidewall blow out on right rear... whoohoo....
    I lost one at 15,000 miles. No reason for that. These tires are way overpriced, and their quality is questionable. I am still using a pair of Dunlop tires on the rear this summer.

I using a pair of Federal SS-657 tires up front. For an approximately $50 tire, they seem pretty good. The car seems more planted up front with them. I keep them a @ 40 psi, & I don't see much of a mpg hit. In all fairness I am using two different brands of tires, however.

I just check simpletire.com. Federal are $43, & the Dunlop are $119. Even if they were the same price, I would buy the Federal.
    Last edited by Mark; 08-02-2019 at 05:05 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Mine came with 165/65R14 Bridgestone Ecopia LRR summer tyres. Air at 3.0bar or 45psi.
    I replaced them after round about 40 000km, with about one-third tread remaining.

The Bridgestone were replaced by Continental EcoContact LRR summer tyres. They also have about 40000km on them now, but the tread is still 50%. The Continental EcoContact are very similar to the Bridgestone, also in driveability, but the Continental's obviously last very much longer.

I have a set of Dunlop Enasaves in the garage, waiting for the Continental EcoContact to wear out in maybe two years from now. After reading about Enasaves, I would never have considered getting them, but these were offered as "demo tyres" at €50.- for all four (US $40), and you can't beat that price! The "demo tyres" were pulled off a brand new car, because the customer wanted all-weather tyres instead. You can't beat that price, so I bought them.

I drive a lot of highway, and you don't want to run into a puddle with less tread, unless you want to turn the car into an uncontrollable boat. For the winter season I have dedicated winter tyres, being mandatory in this country.
    The above mentioned Brigestones, Continentals and Enasaves are not what anybody would want to drive on snow and ice, no comparison to winter tyres.

Alignment: The front axle is neutral in terms of camber and toe-in.
    The rear axle is within specs, except for half a degree too much camber on one wheel. They get rotated at every oil change, and are worn evenly.
    Last edited by foama; 08-02-2019 at 07:24 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    Mine came with 165/65R14 Bridgestone Ecopia LRR summer tyres. Air at 3.0bar or 45psi.
    I replaced them after round about 40 000km, with about one-third tread remaining.

The Bridgestone were replaced by Continental EcoContact LRR summer tyres. They also have about 40000km on them now, but the tread is still 50%. The Continental EcoContact are very similar to the Bridgestone, also in driveability, but the Continental's obviously last very much longer.

I have a set of Dunlop Enasaves in the garage, waiting for the Continental EcoContact to wear out in maybe two years from now. After reading about Enasaves, I would never have considered getting them, but these were offered as "demo tyres" at €50.- for all four (US $40), and you can't beat that price! The "demo tyres" were pulled off a brand new car, because the customer wanted all-weather tyres instead. You can't beat that price, so I bought them.

I drive a lot of highway, and you don't want to run into a puddle with less tread, unless you want to turn the car into an uncontrollable boat. For the winter season I have dedicated winter tyres, being mandatory in this country.
    The above mentioned Brigestones, Continentals and Enasaves are not what anybody would want to drive on snow and ice, no comparison to winter tyres.

Alignment: The front axle is neutral in terms of camber and toe-in.
    The rear axle is within specs, except for half a degree too much camber on one wheel. They get rotated at every oil change, and are worn evenly.
    I believe you have more 165/65r14 tires choices in Europe. The POTENZA RE92 is our only Bridgestone option. It's on the expensive side with mixed reviews. Continental website offers zero 165/65r14 tire choices for the U.S.

Dunlop Enasave (expensive), Bridgestone Potenza (expensive), Vredestein Quatrac 5 (may be our best all season option), Federal SS-657 (affordable), Dunlop Winter Maxx 2 (winter tire), & Nokian Nordman 7 (winter tire) are our main 165/65r14 tire options here.

Tire shopping on line today, Walmart offers two 165/65-14 tires choices (Federal SS-657 & Nokian Nordman 7 studded). Studded tires aren't legal in Wisconsin. Thus, I would have one option @ Walmart.

If I was shopping for 175/65-14 tires @ Walmart today, I would have 65 tires choices to pick from.

165/65r14 tires are not common here, but the ones I mentioned above can be found with some effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

Studded tires aren't legal in Wisconsin
    That's weird. Wonder why that is? Maybe to stop people like myself that run studded tires year round

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)