Thread: Rims size that'll fit stock suspension without wheel rub.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Rims size that'll fit stock suspension without wheel rub.

Okay so I am bout to purchase a set of rims today and I'm thinking of going with 15x6.5 offset of 38. Would I have any issue with rubbing or anything? And how far or in would the wheel site from the fender? I really appreciate the help.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Those should be perfect but you can go even bigger and it still not rub. I tested my car with 195/45/16 tires on wheels that are 16x7 with 40 offset and it was perfect.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sweet. Just bought the rims and toyo tires for them. You got any pictures of your rims on your mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousJT View Post
    Sweet. Just bought the rims and toyo tires for them. You got any pictures of your rims on your mirage?
    I don't have them on the car just yet. I borrowed my friends wheels to see how they fit. They came off his 2010 civic and they bolted right on. I just wanted to see if they would rub. They fit perfect and do not rub with 3 grown men driving on crap cleveland roads. I am ordering mine this week along with eibach springs and the rear roll bar. The wheels will make it look better but the suspension is too high and too soft to make it really look good. I will have pics of mine soon. I won't be able to wait till spring to at least try them on and take pics!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've had people try to tell me 16's wont fit, and I just told them they're wrong. If they tried it, they probably had wrong offset or any other issue that may come up when you try to fit bigger. Tirerack is never wrong, so if they say it fits, it will fit, guaranteed!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Lol. I just ordered 16x7 +40 bronze rims. They Just shipped. Can't wait.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by namco View Post
    I've had people try to tell me 16's wont fit, and I just told them they're wrong. If they tried it, they probably had wrong offset or any other issue that may come up when you try to fit bigger. Tirerack is never wrong, so if they say it fits, it will fit, guaranteed!
    Exactly. You can fit 17's on it with the correct offset. The only reason why I am not going for 17's is because I would have to go with a 40 series tire and that is just not enough rubber for Cleveland roads. 45 is the thinnest tire I would want. I had 17's on a 97 Hyundai Accent back in the day and people tried to tell me that they would not fit. They were fine for the 4 years that I had the car but it was a lot of work having to be on constant watch for bumps and potholes.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Does anyone know if a Mitsubishi service center would deactivate the TPMS system? I got rims n tires on the way and I'm not 100% if the original tpms will be transferable the new wheels.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousJT View Post
    Does anyone know if a Mitsubishi service center would deactivate the TPMS system? I got rims n tires on the way and I'm not 100% if the original tpms will be transferable the new wheels.
    They should be transferreable. I doubt that you find someone to deactivate TPMS as it is mandatory on all new cars and it would be likely illegal to temper with.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    All you have to do is transfer the sensors. They sell sensor rebuild kits, I work at a shop and when someone buys new tires, we replace the kit holding the sensor on so that it doesn't leak for any reason.

So, from inside the tire to the top, you have the sensor with its stem attached, a rubber grommet, the rim hole, and then some use a washer then a lock nut, others have a lock nut with a washer built in, some don't even use a washer and its just the lock nut. And that's it. If the original rims are still new, you could get away with simply unbolting the whole thing and bolting it on your new rims and it most likely wont leak. To check it you just need some soapy water, with the tire on and filled up to your psi/bar, spray the stem area, if it don't leak, no issue. If it leaks, no biggy just need a rebuild kit. And I already listed the parts. The sensor with stem wont change, the rubber, washer, and collar will change. And the valve core can be replaced along with a new grey tpms cap.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to namco For This Useful Post:

MysticMirage (02-12-2016)