Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rival Autosport CAI/SRI

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Subbed with interest in the CAI (price dependent). In hotter US markets that short stock snorkel is a joke.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Aaaaaalright. The long weekend begins tomorrow so I hope to make great strides. Hopefully have the unit installed and in testing by tomorrow. See what issues and quirks arise. Stay tuned (pun intended).

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rival Autosport For This Useful Post:

Gnarles2 (02-12-2016),RedRage (04-25-2016)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    So far, these are the different ways you could do the aftermarket intake setups on our mirage.

this is mine, it's just a straight stainless tube.. I reused the intake hose along with the breather. The bracket is attached on one the engine mount. got no updated pic but now I wrapped it with aluminum insulation and placed a sturdier bracket with it's own clamp.
    Attachment 5201

this is speedlab's version. it has a resonator design and goes all the way down the manifold coupled with a silicone hose.
    Name:  speedlab.jpg
Views: 2542
Size:  39.4 KB

I found this on a Thai Attrage group. no one does this setup here in the Philippines. I think it'll be too hot in that area coz the fan's there.
    Name:  right intake.jpg
Views: 1428
Size:  79.4 KB

Lastly, this is the only cold air intake setup I can find. They used the stock airbox and routed a pipe with a funnel on the lower grille. No dyno / update with the owner. tried contacting him about gains. nada
    Name:  cold air intake.jpg
Views: 1952
Size:  67.7 KB

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm interested in the brake pads.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gunlak View Post
    So far, these are the different ways you could do the aftermarket intake setups on our mirage.

this is mine, it's just a straight stainless tube.. I reused the intake hose along with the breather. The bracket is attached on one the engine mount. got no updated pic but now I wrapped it with aluminum insulation and placed a sturdier bracket with it's own clamp.
    Attachment 5201

this is speedlab's version. it has a resonator design and goes all the way down the manifold coupled with a silicone hose.
    Name:  speedlab.jpg
Views: 2542
Size:  39.4 KB

I found this on a Thai Attrage group. no one does this setup here in the Philippines. I think it'll be too hot in that area coz the fan's there.
    Name:  right intake.jpg
Views: 1428
Size:  79.4 KB

Lastly, this is the only cold air intake setup I can find. They used the stock airbox and routed a pipe with a funnel on the lower grille. No dyno / update with the owner. tried contacting him about gains. nada
    Name:  cold air intake.jpg
Views: 1952
Size:  67.7 KB
    Thanks for the ideas. I already have a design that I've been using and testing, although not with the specific make of parts I'm planning. Stay tuned to see what it is!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Rival, if you want a real idea, I would make some password jdm style intakes, made from carbon fiber, the power chamber stuff from password jdm. That kind of chambered intake, offers both low end power gains and top end power gains. something to look into honestly. i doubt password jdm would make a power chamber for the mirage, they barely do any Mitsubishi parts (and the ones they do, are all evo parts anyway). check it out.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Interested in Everything you listed

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by namco View Post
    Rival, if you want a real idea, I would make some password jdm style intakes, made from carbon fiber, the power chamber stuff from password jdm. That kind of chambered intake, offers both low end power gains and top end power gains. something to look into honestly. i doubt password jdm would make a power chamber for the mirage, they barely do any Mitsubishi parts (and the ones they do, are all evo parts anyway). check it out.
    Working on it. All a part of the plan. Actually, if you look at the Speedlab intake, they have a less-fancy looking version of it already. But the effect is the same.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Sorry y'all but I'm bck to break hearts. The 3D printer is having communication issues with the laptop and multiple attempts at remedying the issue have gone nowhere. But stay tuned as this is only a minor set back.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rival Autosport For This Useful Post:

91cavgt (02-16-2016),cyclopathic (02-16-2016),RedRage (04-25-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rival Autosport View Post
    Working on it. All a part of the plan. Actually, if you look at the Speedlab intake, they have a less-fancy looking version of it already. But the effect is the same.
    I have a personal beef with speedlab because they claim aftermarket exhaust to make the motor lose power which is absolute bull**** and shows me that they slapped together one exhaust, saw a power loss, and decided to quit trying. They also claim most shops don't use a dyno which is why we don't know about the power loss, all I can say is look at any name brand company, not only do they use a dyno they usually show you the fkn graph from said dyno showing what power it makes (granted, sometimes that power is tuned not just slap on). Most of those name brands haven't tackled the mirage, either because it isn't popular enough, or they don't see them making a profit from it. Which leaves companies like speedlab who are less known (never heard of them until I came to THIS forum) who may or may not know what they are doing. As far as I am concerned, they aren't worth my money.

So if you, as a company, are going to try things out, all I can suggest is following the correct methodology of trying more than once to make an outstanding part like every other company does. Trial and error. And hopefully you will get more business than speed lab. Hell, if a company made a damn good product, the bigger companies may just jump in on the sale, which means more selection, which means more support for the mirage in the long run. So I hope you do some out with some nasty good stuff