Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rival Autosport CAI/SRI

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Sorry about the massive hold up. Things have been mad busy and my head is all over the place. As for an update, the intake has been put on the back burner. With Daox already providing MAF housing for custom intakes, I figured that people could assemble their own as they have been so I can shift my focus onto creating parts that aren't addressed in the market as of yet. I believe this is the best solution coupled with the complexity of manufacturing an aluminum MAF housing and many MAP-style intakes on the market, makes me think that for now, this is the best course of action.

I am currently working on an engine damper kit, which is about ready for production. Also, I have a manufacturing deal on cross-drilled, slotted and dimpled rotors for the Mirage. Those shall be posted within the week as details are ironed out.

Maybe in the future when I have more machinery and am better equipped for more intricate manufacturing, I shall return to the MAF-style intake and progress into a full turbo solution, provided our MAFs can read that much air to begin with.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No hope for MAF
    First sponsored mitsubishi mirage 2014 in the USA
    Sponsors: Inspire USA www.inspire-usa.com
    Follow me --> @Slammed_Otaku on instagram

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is all so very exciting. Saw your car featured on an Instagram page and who'd have thought I'd be trying to buy performance parts from the guy. More power to you on that independent research.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hope has returned guys! I'm working on a little something with someone we all know and love and things should be back together shortly. Just tying up another Mirage product so stay tuned!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rival Autosport For This Useful Post:

RedRage (04-26-2016)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Alright. Now we're just awaiting shipment of the MAF housing made by none other than Daox himself! Well, also waiting for the rest of the piping to come in so I can get it all welded and booking for the dyno to get some real results! Stay tuned!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rival Autosport For This Useful Post:

RedRage (05-19-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Any word on the cross-drilled rotors?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    Any word on the cross-drilled rotors?
    Still waiting on the provider to get back to me when they've fixed their program that puts the holes in the right position rather than close to the edge.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rival Autosport View Post
    Still waiting on the provider to get back to me when they've fixed their program that puts the holes in the right position rather than close to the edge.
    Ahhh yes. Having them in the right spots would be a good thing. Lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Sorry about going AWOL guys. I had a BUNCH of work including prepping some cars for the Canadian and US Autoslalom Nationals, as well as many side jobs. Also, as some of you may know, aftermarket parts development isn't my main focus so it does find the backburner alot.

So as for the intake, I am gathering material for the final prototype in an attempt to remove as many rubber couplings as possible to hopefully stabilize the airflow. I believe the system is too flexible as it is creating turbulence when the load changes or the weight shifts.

Any tallies on parties interested? And if so, CAI or SRI?

Banned
    Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gunlak View Post
    So far, these are the different ways you could do the aftermarket intake setups on our mirage.

this is mine, it's just a straight stainless tube.. I reused the intake hose along with the breather. The bracket is attached on one the engine mount. got no updated pic but now I wrapped it with aluminum insulation and placed a sturdier bracket with it's own clamp.
    Attachment 5201

this is speedlab's version. it has a resonator design and goes all the way down the manifold coupled with a silicone hose.
    Attachment 5202

I found this on a Thai Attrage group. no one does this setup here in the Philippines. I think it'll be too hot in that area coz the fan's there.
    Attachment 5203

Lastly, this is the only cold air intake setup I can find. They used the stock airbox and routed a pipe with a funnel on the lower grille. No dyno / update with the owner. tried contacting him about gains. nada
    Attachment 5204
    I'd go with the first photo with this one.