Thread: Thirty Germans win a Space Star!

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

Thirty Germans win a Space Star!

Smiling faces last Saturday in Flörsheim (Germany). Thirty Mitsubishi Space Stars were waiting there for their new owners. Thirty people were the lucky winners in a competition organized by the German woman's magazine "Bild der Frau", which celebrated its 30th anniversary.

All winners got the car in their favourite colour, quite a logistical challenge for Mitsubishi Motors Germany. The Space Stars were 1.0 'Lights' (manual gearbox), with a value of a little over 12.000 Euros. To win the vehicle, 80.000 readers answered the question: "What is the control tool that helps save fuel?" The right answer was of course the Eco Drive Assistant.

Sources: http://presse.mitsubishi-motors.de/p...p?id=201305290
    https://www.facebook.com/Mitsubishi.Motors.DE

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star 'Instyle' 1.2 automatic: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    How cool would it be to WIN a car? That would be awesome!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky!

(Yes, that's 30 "luckies".)

I believe the UK had a contest as well after the car was launched. Possibly they were giving one away per dealership - I forget. It might have been a 1-year lease, too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Let me tell you something guys, it's easier to WIN a Space Star than to ORDER one.

My new car? Ahhh, Houston, we have a problem!

Earlier today I got a call from the dealership. "I am very sorry, but…"

You won't believe this, but it is the truth: the silver Space Star they received from the importer doesn't have the right trim. It's an 'Intense CVT', and I ordered an 'Instyle CVT'. The 'Intense' is the same car, minus the built-in Mitsubishi Multi Entertainment System (sat-nav / music / bluetooth) and the reversing camera.

One moment I feared that I had to wait for another three months. That would be all I'd need, the word 'cancellation' flashed through my mind. But no, there was a blessing in disguise.

The importer could supply a silver 'Instyle' from stock, so tomorrow that vehicle will be rushed to my dealership, but the whole procedure there will have to start all over again. They have to polish it, screw on a few contraptions I ordered separately (like LED daytime running lights and a central arm rest) and worst of all: they have to obtain a new license plate. The customer has to be patient for another 10 to 14 days.

The Long Wait continues.
    Last edited by talldino; 06-05-2013 at 04:08 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star 'Instyle' 1.2 automatic: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.2 mpg (Imp)

That's too bad, talldino. Frustrating. UNLUCKY!

(Just one "unlucky", but notice all caps. )

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Doh, sorry to hear that. The anticipation has to be killing you!

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)