Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Video: First promo / commercial for 2017 Mirage

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Video: First promo / commercial for 2017 Mirage

Their promotional vid.
    https://youtu.be/8NsdO6YXO7A

i just dont like it. its like their saying this mirage is for girls. pft! make something for the boys mitsubishi!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mitsumi For This Useful Post:

Daox (02-22-2016),davidricardo86 (02-13-2016),debburyl (02-13-2016),flotownj (02-13-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I Really liked it!!! It's Really a Sharp and Fancy Mirage more Rich looking . They should really have that Add all over the US!!!! And I think it will out sell the previous Mirage! I'm sure they will have men Advertiseing it. You could e-mail MITSUBISHI and tell them your concerns.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  12.1 KB
    Last edited by debburyl; 02-13-2016 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Brain Freeze:):) Lol
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

The quality of that video was really good. Just seeing it in action makes me want the hatchback over the sedan. That front end fascia looks snazzy too with the lower grill and headlights! Yeah it was a chick flick but the car looked great regardless. Best commercial for a Mirage I've ever seen!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    Their promotional vid.
    https://youtu.be/8NsdO6YXO7A

i just dont like it. its like their saying this mirage is for girls. pft! make something for the boys mitsubishi!

I laughed. I cried. it was an emotional roller coaster.

p.s. comments are ratings are disabled )
    2014 White SE with CVT

6. The Following User Says Thank You to El Kapitan For This Useful Post:

mitsumi (02-13-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by El Kapitan View Post
    I laughed. I cried. it was an emotional roller coaster.

p.s. comments are ratings are disabled )
    Funny but you can't deny that women are by far the largest consumer of the two genders. This commercial was obviously appealing to the emotion of the (potential) buyer. What have we learned about car commercials for the last 10 to 20 years? Tech specs don't sell cars, emotion sells cars and by targeting the female gender they will ensure major sales. Most males may not feel "manly" enough in this "chick" car. I've heard the same said about the Mazda Miata, but that's one of the best selling roadsters of all time. Most people won't care that it gets 40+ MPG, or about the 1.2L 3 cylinder! Nope, they'll care about the looks, the price and the emotions it makes them feel. The tech specs for most will be a second thought. Who noticed those day time running lights on the lower grill instead of inside the headlight housing? I did, neat.

I thought it was a good idea to disable the comments section on an official commercial. Trolls and haters can go elsewhere while allowing potential buyers a chance at an unbiased look into the car without getting too technical.
    Last edited by davidricardo86; 02-14-2016 at 01:19 AM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to davidricardo86 For This Useful Post:

chris_top_her (02-21-2016),debburyl (02-14-2016),mitsumi (02-15-2016)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    ^^^
    In my humble opinion at least in US this car target audience is high school and college kids and commuters. At least with the kids half of them females. Nail polish colors, target ads and good warranties will sell it to them, for boys you'd need good audio, cheaper insurance and 2L or turbo powered GT version. Even if it is a limited run.

With a few turgeted ads you can sell Mirage to them as worry-free alternative to used car. College camps, publications, student discounts a couple sponsorship deals and campus demos will sell it.

Commuters are also easy to target: rent a few billboards alone major commute routes. 40MPG and 5 year TOC will get attention. Mirage isn't the cheapest car to buy but is the cheapest to own.

So far Mitsubishi haven't really market Mirage. Mirage is a good value but it is also a very practical car, just fix obvious shortcomings like suspension and bad speakers.
    Last edited by cyclopathic; 02-14-2016 at 01:03 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (02-14-2016),mitsumi (02-15-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I really liked your post!!! And you are so wright!! But I really think that New Mirage is a BIG improvement !! For MITSUBISHI
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to debburyl For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (02-14-2016)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    I thought it was a good idea to disable the comments section on an official commercial. Trolls and haters can go elsewhere while allowing potential buyers a chance at an unbiased look into the car without getting too technical.
    that's one way of looking at it. it could also be that they anticipated the most likely reaction of a significant number of viewers (criticizing doesn't automatically make one a troll or a hater). but you are correct, in that I don't recall seeing an other man driving one of these things. always a woman. I think the whole "not feeling manly in a small car" is mainly a North American affliction, but I get it: we are one of the largest markets in the world, and the people who make these ads tend to do their research.

one woman came up to me at the ferry terminal and told me how much she loved hers (it was purple). it should be noted however that I have been asked about it by two younger guys at gas stations, and both of these guys knew the specs for the car and were interested in the gas mileage primarily. I had good news for them! (we get shafted REALLY HARD on gas prices in Vancouver compared to most other places in North America. and don't even ask me about real estate prices, because it's just stupid here).
    2014 White SE with CVT

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Kapitan For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (02-14-2016),debburyl (02-14-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Wow. I mean, wow. Take the logos off the car and this could EASILY pass for a tampon commercial. Re-watch it and tell me I am wrong!

Hey, Mitsubishi...don't hire Lesbian Studies majors to direct your commercials anymore.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

cyclopathic (02-14-2016),davidricardo86 (02-14-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Can everybody slowly exhale and say Ahhh.....? Now let's see one for a true "GT", turbo equipped, with RF tunes, drifting, tires smoking, greasey guys in the background high fiving and chest thumping, manly kind of video. Yeah, now you're talking. Lol