Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2006-2008 Honda Fit lowering springs

Country
    United States
    Thanks

2006-2008 Honda Fit lowering springs

So on another post we found out that the 2006-2008 Honda fit rear springs fit the Mirage, but what about the front springs? I found some 2006 Honda fit lowering springs on Amazon but I wanted to get opinions on the front springs first before I purchased them. I guess that might be the only way to find out though is to get then and test it out.
    Here is a link to the springs.

http://www.amazon.com/M2-Performance.../dp/B005EHS5L0

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Did you end up buying a set? I was thinking the same thing but springs and shocks from a mazda 2. Might rent one in a couple days just to see if everything fits the mirage or what doesnt.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Did you end up buying a set? I was thinking the same thing but springs and shocks from a mazda 2. Might rent one in a couple days just to see if everything fits the mirage or what doesnt.

I actually have not bought the set yet! But I will post up here when I do. Let us know if you go with the Mazda 2 springs and if they work!
    Empty to full in $12 flat.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasMirage2 View Post
    I actually have not bought the set yet! But I will post up here when I do. Let us know if you go with the Mazda 2 springs and if they work!
    been 2 weeks any update?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by namco View Post
    been 2 weeks any update?
    Why not similarly priced eBay springs for Mirage? There were a couple negative reviews of them as the rear springs seem to lower car too much, but we just installed them and they work great. Need to post pictures I did use 13' of 3/8" ID vinyl tubing in the middle section to correct issue with height and get them to work as intended. This is to match with front TEINs. With kit fronts you might need additional insulators, YMMV.

Also everyone seems to be happy with Eibach and I have seen them as low as $168 on eBay. If you wanna keep stock height spring doughnut style spacers are the cheapest solution good luck.
    Last edited by cyclopathic; 03-30-2016 at 06:31 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I ordered the amazon special, like 80 bucks for cheapo springs. Gonna just have that until a good coilover comes to the usa. The tiens would be nice but if im getting coilovers they need to be adjustable.

The reason i was thinking about this post and honda, is if the springs are same, might be able to get away with buying coilovers and mount them up given mounting points.... but the rear on the fit is also torsion beam so might even be the same mounts. No use since no one knows if the springs are workable.

Not worried about the rear being too low. In my dads 2015 cvt, with parents in front and my brother and i in rear, all full grown adults, the rear would bottom out on certain bumps, especially over speed bumps. Other than that i drive my car alone or with 1 passenger, so i wont even care about the rear being low.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Lol, actually, i bought the ones you commented on, on amazon. Rofl

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Lol, actually, i bought the ones you commented on, on amazon. Rofl
    I posted pics in this thread: http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...3744#post43744

IMHO if you have $850 to spare Largus looks like a good option. I e-mail them and they told me that their springs are rated 4kg/mm front 3kg/mm rear, and it is adjustable damper. In my humble opinion living these are the good rates for this car. I wouldn't go higher for daily driver, not on MD potholes.

BTW the same Amazon springs are $68 with free shipping on eBay.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Meh. I never use ebay so lol

On that note, where to buy largus, from my understanding they dont sell in the us....

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Meh. I never use ebay so lol

On that note, where to buy largus, from my understanding they dont sell in the us....
    eBay as far as I know.