Thread: Remove the whole front "Video" (DIY front fascia/bumper removal for bug screen)

Bikerfreind
    Country
    Denmark
    Thanks

Remove the whole front "Video" (DIY front fascia/bumper removal for bug screen)

First of all, i don't did this myself, it's not me ho filmed this or made the video..

But i could see it being great for helping purposes, so i think the video maybe could be listet on mods & diy list, but only with credits to the guy ho made the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hfSVF6lMXQ

Last edited by MetroMPG; 03-02-2016 at 02:13 AM. Reason: (embedded video, added to title)

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to uheym For This Useful Post:

alex16 (03-01-2016),Charlie (03-02-2016),Eggman (03-01-2016),MetroMPG (03-02-2016),mitsumi (03-01-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Absolutely fantastic video!
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm concerned about the mounting since it's just taped on but this might actually help with debris. Maybe hot-gluing might provide better long-term adhesion?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Hot glue will melt in the sun.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    LOL, I can't believe you guys found my video! OMG - that's the only video I put up on that channel b/c after I made it, I became self conscious of the quality of the 'video' - most other instructional car vids on youtube are actually a moving video whereas I just made mine as an instructional power point almost like a university lecture presentation. Reason being, I do not have a camera (no, I don't even have a smart phone) or way to record good audio out in the garage.

Just logged into that youtube account..can't believe even that many people saw it and liked it..I'm confused!

Are university, lecture presentation 'videos' like this OK???

Update on that: Gorilla Tape still holding up after 2 years! One part though due to the design of the lower plastic grill piece did not allow for good taping, and that 1 segment did not hold, but it took like 3-4 months for that to happen.

-Charlie-

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Charlie For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-02-2016),Kineo (03-02-2016),MetroMPG (03-03-2016),uheym (03-02-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I'd say any videos are okay as long as it gets the point across clearly. You're not a professional trying to make a TV quality show so who cares? Nice job!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Bikerfreind
    Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    My first idea about the front removal was to see if it was possible to get only the lower grill out, without to take the hole front of.
    As I like the idea of a automatic grill block, but I know that many of you guys have tried several options and its hard to make one that really works like on cars where it's oem. (There is one thread on ecomodder, I think it was Doax, ho tried to make one for his Matrix, sad that it never really got finished)

I guess I would only have this idea as a dream, because in don't have a garage with lots of tools or maybe the needed knowledge of how to make a fully automatic grill blocker.

Charlie.
    If you are going to make other stuff with your mirage, I'm sure other people including myself would be interested so see it, even if it's a lecture presentation

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    LOL, I can't believe you guys found my video!
    Ha!! I wondered if it was your work when I saw the YouTube username.

Are university, lecture presentation 'videos' like this OK???
    I would say absolutely, yes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)