Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Speck :: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Speck
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage ES
    Sapphire Blue
    5 speed manual
    Details
    •  

Disabled automatic air conditioning, saving fuel and prolonging life of the compressor.
    2016-Nov-29
    Added WeatherTech floor liners and KDLINKS R100 dashcam.

•  
    •  

2017-Apr-05
    Added OBDLink LX
    2017-Apr-30
    Installed a Fumoto F106SX oil drain valve for easy, simple oil changes.
    2017-Aug-23
    Installed a ZeroStart 3100111 Engine Block Heater
    2017-Oct-19
    Adjusted clutch
    2017-Oct-25
    Added experimental warm air intake ducting from over exhaust manifold to air filter box inlet (Removed 2018-Jan-20)
    2018-Jan-20
    Battery replaced.
    2018-Jan-30
    Added grill block. Between the two, I think the grill block is more effective than the warm air intake.
    2021-May-7
    Fuel pump, gasket & lock ring replaced to address a Evaporative Emission System leak.

•  
    •  

Increased tire pressure for improved fuel economy.

Summer Tires: 4 Dunlop Enasave (165/65R14) on Mitsubishi Mirage ES factory alloy rims (stock wheel set for the 2015 ES.)
    Winter Tires: 4 Dunlop Wintermaxx (165/65R14) mounted on Mitsubishi factory steel rims.

2017-Nov-26
    Picked up an extra set of Enasaves and the Dunlop Wintermaxx tires from forum member Zero.

•  
    Comments: 400 / Views: 275746
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I saw your other post. I've already downloaded the manuals.

That's some great information. Thanks for sharing it. How'd you find it?
    Great! You're welcome. I'm glad I could help. I got the information from the TSB about the Amplifier Software Upgrade (which is only needed for the 2017 with DAS).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I won't need to change the software since I don't have display audio. I'm curious to know what the difference would be, and it would be interesting to be able to do my own custom file.

First I'll get it installed, and we'll go from there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My shipment has arrived.

There were two empty boxes to fill up space and keep things from banging around.

At three years of ownership I'm in no hurry to get this installed. Though I might use my stereo more once it's in.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Daox (03-14-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nice! I am still trying to find the Amplifier Upgrade Kit before I install my system. The local dealers don't seem to have that kit in their service area. Good luck on your installation. Let us know how it sounds when you get it done.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm going to guess that adapter is simply a USB OTG cable.

Your kit should still work without it, right?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm going to guess that adapter is simply a USB OTG cable.

Your kit should still work without it, right?
    Unfortunately, from what I have read, the sound won't be very good without the upgrade for the amp. I will reach out to Rockford Fosgate for help.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Aren't you at least curious to see what it sounds like as it is? It would make a good before and after test anyway.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Aren't you at least curious to see what it sounds like as it is? It would make a good before and after test anyway.
    Yes, I am curious. However, I don't know how hard it will be to access the amplifier once it is installed. Like you, I am in no rush to do the installation. I'm sure I will find a way to do the upgrade before then. I have been reading about upgrading the speakers. I actually have two sets of 6.5" Kicker speakers that I had originally bought for my Saturn. Once I do the installation of the Amp and Sub, I'll consider swapping the speakers if I think the sound could be even better.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageSEFan View Post
    Yes, I am curious. However, I don't know how hard it will be to access the amplifier once it is installed. Like you, I am in no rush to do the installation. I'm sure I will find a way to do the upgrade before then.
    Ooh, good point. I didn't even think about that. I'm sure it'll be no big deal though.

I have been reading about upgrading the speakers. I actually have two sets of 6.5" Kicker speakers that I had originally bought for my Saturn. Once I do the installation of the Amp and Sub, I'll consider swapping the speakers if I think the sound could be even better.
    It is my understanding the Flex41 amp is tuned to push the Mitsubishi factory speakers in a Mitsubishi Mirage, however that is defined (frequency equalizing, signal timing, etc.) I wouldn't expect new speaker drivers would hurt anything, but we'll see.

Unfortunately, from what I have read, the sound won't be very good without the upgrade for the amp. I will reach out to Rockford Fosgate for help.
    This caught my attention. Where did you read this? I recall the amp kit as shipped is a big improvement and the firmware swap helps even more, but as is the kit is still nice. I just don't recall *anyone* saying the amp doesn't sound very good as it is shipped.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman
    This caught my attention. Where did you read this? I recall the amp kit as shipped is a big improvement and the firmware swap helps even more, but as is the kit is still nice. I just don't recall *anyone* saying the amp doesn't sound very good as it is shipped.
    I read it in an old post dated 03/10/2017. See info from the post below:

"Has Anyone Installed the Rokford Fosgate Stereo System on their '17?

I purchased the kit when I bought the car a couple weeks ago (17 Mirage SE) and I got the kit to the house today.

On the top page of the installation instruction sheets says in all caps:

IF THIS IS BEING INSTALLED IN A MIRAGE WITH DISPLAY AUDIO WITH SMARTPHONE LINK RADIO HEADUNIT THEN A REFLASH OF AMPLIFIER MUST BE PERFORMED. FAILING TO PERFORM THE REFLASH CAN RESULT IN ISSUES WITH THE SOUND QUALITY THAT COMES FROM THE FACTORY SPEAKERS.

If anyone has installed this on their '17 (SE or GT) can you comment on sound quality or if it is a real necessity to have the amp reflashed? I know I'm probably going to have to head back to the dealership if the sound is really awful but if anyone has some insight that would be awesome.

TIA"

I'll have to check my instruction sheet to see if they have the same warning printed on them. Have you seen this warning on your instructions?