Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Speck :: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Speck
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage ES
    Sapphire Blue
    5 speed manual
    Details
    •  

Disabled automatic air conditioning, saving fuel and prolonging life of the compressor.
    2016-Nov-29
    Added WeatherTech floor liners and KDLINKS R100 dashcam.

•  
    •  

2017-Apr-05
    Added OBDLink LX
    2017-Apr-30
    Installed a Fumoto F106SX oil drain valve for easy, simple oil changes.
    2017-Aug-23
    Installed a ZeroStart 3100111 Engine Block Heater
    2017-Oct-19
    Adjusted clutch
    2017-Oct-25
    Added experimental warm air intake ducting from over exhaust manifold to air filter box inlet (Removed 2018-Jan-20)
    2018-Jan-20
    Battery replaced.
    2018-Jan-30
    Added grill block. Between the two, I think the grill block is more effective than the warm air intake.
    2021-May-7
    Fuel pump, gasket & lock ring replaced to address a Evaporative Emission System leak.

•  
    •  

Increased tire pressure for improved fuel economy.

Summer Tires: 4 Dunlop Enasave (165/65R14) on Mitsubishi Mirage ES factory alloy rims (stock wheel set for the 2015 ES.)
    Winter Tires: 4 Dunlop Wintermaxx (165/65R14) mounted on Mitsubishi factory steel rims.

2017-Nov-26
    Picked up an extra set of Enasaves and the Dunlop Wintermaxx tires from forum member Zero.

•  
    Comments: 400 / Views: 273843

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Picked up my ES using Mitsubishi's big rebates. The fuel economy gauge registered 41 mpg toward the end of the ride home from the dealership - the TPMS light was on the whole time. I aired the tires up to clear the trouble light.

Looking forward to enjoying the premium fuel economy of this car. Thanks to everyone in this community for their insight.

I'll get some pictures up soon!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-05-2016)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Picked up my ES using Mitsubishi's big rebates. The fuel economy gauge registered 41 mpg toward the end of the ride home from the dealership - the TPMS light was on the whole time. I aired the tires up to clear the trouble light.

Looking forward to enjoying the premium fuel economy of this car. Thanks to everyone in this community for their insight.

Congratulations with the car You will be impressed with the fuel economy with this car as brake in is over have a nice day

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post

I like what you said about enjoying premium fuel economy. Its almost as if its a luxury feature in a way. First thing people seem to look for is a fancy screen and a whole lot of gas guzzling. For an everyday driver its all you should need. I can understand buying a truck or suv if you actually need it or a sports car for the track or if you just have a lot of money and dont care about wasting it but lets be real. Most people like myself arent rich. For anyone not towing, carrying material for a job, etc theirs simply no need for all these gas guzzlers on the road. On top of that the mirage has amazing cargo space. I literally fit a whole queen size matress in the back folded in half. Mived my whole house in the thing for $18. I love my mirage!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ESMirage2017 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-27-2017),MetroMPG (06-28-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ESMirage2017 View Post
    I love my mirage!
    Then make a garage entry already!

Garage empty: add car

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

HitShane (06-28-2017),MetroMPG (06-28-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ESMirage2017 View Post
    I like what you said about enjoying premium fuel economy. Its almost as if its a luxury feature in a way. First thing people seem to look for is a fancy screen and a whole lot of gas guzzling. For an everyday driver its all you should need. I can understand buying a truck or suv if you actually need it or a sports car for the track or if you just have a lot of money and dont care about wasting it but lets be real. Most people like myself arent rich. For anyone not towing, carrying material for a job, etc theirs simply no need for all these gas guzzlers on the road. On top of that the mirage has amazing cargo space. I literally fit a whole queen size matress in the back folded in half. Mived my whole house in the thing for $18. I love my mirage!
    The Mirage is the first hatchback car I've ever owned. Even as small as it is, I'm amazed how much stuff I can haul. I can't haul 2x4s and 4x8 sheets of drywall, but I've hauled all of the tile for my master bath retile job, a new toilet, 4 sinks and countless gallons of paint, and many other sizeable items...not all in a single trip, of course. When I'm not hauling crap like that, it sips fuel at around 40mpg in mostly suburban driving with the AC on at all times (Florida heat).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to palebeachbum For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-28-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Wohoo! Hard to say no with these rebates, eh?

I doubt Mitsubishi is still manufacturing the '15s, so what's available is likely just what's on the lots right now.

Get 'em while you can, folks!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    what's available is likely just what's on the lots right now.
    In my area, there weren't many ESs left with manual transmission. I'm glad I got one.

It was nice to negotiate a deal. I went with Sunnyside primarily because their sales staff were very upfront with pricing. I had to negotiate with other dealers over the price using Sunnyside as my example. One other dealer would meet their price, but the process was frustrating.

In the end, it's all good. I got what I liked before someone else got it, and didn't overpay.

Now I get to learn my new car. Thanks to this forum, I have a pretty good head start.
    Last edited by Eggman; 03-05-2016 at 10:13 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I added a few photos to some of my albums. Take a look at Comparisons as I was able to park alongside a 2017. I find it interesting to note the differences between the two, and it appears there are more changes than I thought. I think I like my mail slot better.

If I'm able I'll take more photos of Speck alongside other model cars. I thought a photo by the BMW would be funny.
    Last edited by Eggman; 06-04-2016 at 08:22 PM.

Bikerfreind
    Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Congrats with your new Mirage!
    But tell me.. Did the TMPS light up all the way? Are you sure that they not sold you wheels without the TPMS sensor in?
    My winter tyres did not have the TPMS sensor in them, i first got to know it when i put them on, but i does not bother me i check the air in the tires almost each 14 days sometimes even more..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to uheym For This Useful Post:

Cleartec (03-05-2016)