Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Speck :: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Speck
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage ES
    Sapphire Blue
    5 speed manual
    Details
    •  

Disabled automatic air conditioning, saving fuel and prolonging life of the compressor.
    2016-Nov-29
    Added WeatherTech floor liners and KDLINKS R100 dashcam.

•  
    •  

2017-Apr-05
    Added OBDLink LX
    2017-Apr-30
    Installed a Fumoto F106SX oil drain valve for easy, simple oil changes.
    2017-Aug-23
    Installed a ZeroStart 3100111 Engine Block Heater
    2017-Oct-19
    Adjusted clutch
    2017-Oct-25
    Added experimental warm air intake ducting from over exhaust manifold to air filter box inlet (Removed 2018-Jan-20)
    2018-Jan-20
    Battery replaced.
    2018-Jan-30
    Added grill block. Between the two, I think the grill block is more effective than the warm air intake.
    2021-May-7
    Fuel pump, gasket & lock ring replaced to address a Evaporative Emission System leak.

•  
    •  

Increased tire pressure for improved fuel economy.

Summer Tires: 4 Dunlop Enasave (165/65R14) on Mitsubishi Mirage ES factory alloy rims (stock wheel set for the 2015 ES.)
    Winter Tires: 4 Dunlop Wintermaxx (165/65R14) mounted on Mitsubishi factory steel rims.

2017-Nov-26
    Picked up an extra set of Enasaves and the Dunlop Wintermaxx tires from forum member Zero.

•  
    Comments: 400 / Views: 275266
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here is some additional information I had found. I also found a contact phone number and email for a rep at Rockford Fosgate.

From 06/12/2017:

Quote Originally Posted by djulie1 View Post
    Something i did to help me a lil. I have a muscle torn in one shoulder ,,and getting amp bolted in lol was hard -so ,,i took my cone shaped drill bit and wollared the holes out in mount just a lil..that way mounting it was a lil easier.
    I did not drill the hole they requested because i know a dealer and they dont do it eitheir,,the three other bolts are way more than adequate ,,i did take a piece of the foam tape and place it where the hole normally would have been. Just in case that part wants to wiggle it would make no noise banging against metal ,,but ,,its not gonna move period.
    Note: I plan to use 3M VHB tape to mount the bracket on that third hole instead of drilling it out.

From 06/16/2017:

Quote Originally Posted by djulie1 View Post
    Heres a pic of the Rockford Fosgate amp update cable for touch screen Mirages ..I just did it ,,you can tell a difference ,,it sounds cleaner and bass is deeper ..you can tell you have a box now ..I told dude at Rockford others will want ths update,,he says no problem call or mail him.
    It cost me nothing but just postage to mail his cable back ,,not a bad deal.

He did notice a distinct difference after the software upgrade.

Last edited by Eggman; 03-16-2019 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Fixed quotes.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageSEFan View Post
    He did notice a distinct difference after the software upgrade.
    I don't doubt there will be a difference from one firmware version to another. However, I doubt that the initial install won't sound very good.

Just so we are clear, you know that my Speck does not have the display audio, right? I mean, I'm still interested in trying out the various firmware versions as I'm able, but I personally expect to hear good results with the amp kit as it is. At least for my own install. I guess I can't understand why it wouldn't make a noticeable improvement for others, that's all.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I don't doubt there will be a difference from one firmware version to another. However, I doubt that the initial install won't sound very good.

Just so we are clear, you know that my Speck does not have the display audio, right? I mean, I'm still interested in trying out the various firmware versions as I'm able, but I personally expect to hear good results with the amp kit as it is. At least for my own install. I guess I can't understand why it wouldn't make a noticeable improvement for others, that's all.
    Yes, I did know that Speck is a 2015 without DAS. Great name for your Mirage, by the way. You are lucky that you don't need the software upgrade. That only applies to the 2017 Mirage with DAS. Lucky me. I'm going to look at my instruction manual to see if it has that warning. If is does, I'm going to contact the rep at RF tomorrow to get more information. I'm hoping my manual doesn't have that warning and that the Amp has already been upgraded.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My RF kit has the warning about use with display audio units. I wouldn't let that stop or delay the install, the hardest part.

I'm doing mine now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My RF kit has the warning about use with display audio units. I wouldn't let that stop or delay the install, the hardest part.

I'm doing mine now.
    Great! Let me know how you make out with the installation. Let me know if you learn any tricks along the way too.

I am in luck with my system. Today I had contacted the representative at Rockford Fosgate. He is going to loan me the amplifier software update kit. He just asked me to promise that I would send it back to him, once I am done with the update. I definitely will get it back to him ASAP. He even gave me more information and asked me to reach out to him if I encounter any problems or have any questions. I appreciate that he is doing this for me. He seems like a really good guy. I should get the kit early next week.

I can hardly wait to get the system updated and installed. Now I will make it a priority, since I don't want to keep the update kit too long.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's in and it's good. The RF kit makes my Pioneer speakers really come alive.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-15-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's in and it's good. The RF kit makes my Pioneer speakers really come alive.
    Excellent! Do you recommend upgrading the stock speakers? I was thinking of upgrading mine to 6.5" kickers, which I already have on hand. Did you have to enlarge the triangular speaker cutout in your doors to make it round, or did you use a spacer?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Excellent! Do you recommend upgrading the stock speakers?
    Yes.

I was thinking of upgrading mine to 6.5" kickers, which I already have on hand.
    You already have the speakers? That makes the decision real easy.

Did you have to enlarge the triangular speaker cutout in your doors to make it round, or did you use a spacer?
    No way, I don't want to hack my car up if I don't have to. And we don't have to.

If you notice in my modifications section up at the top of this page, I have Amazon links to the stuff I used to put in the speakers. Considering just the cost of the adapters versus the time spent permanently and irreversibly damaging my doors, the Scosche SAMI651 speaker adapters are worth it. It made for a professional looking installation, something I value.

I documented the install and included a bunch of pictures here in my Garage thread starting with this post: I just made a few changes to Speck.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey MirageSEFan can you ask your contact at Rockford Fosgate about using the remote with this amplifier? It's the port labeled 'Remote' and looks like a CAT45 receptacle for Ethernet cables.

Rockford Fosgate PLC2

Click on the picture to see more details.

Edit: Actually, it would be nice if a Rockford Fosgate representative would join up and help answer questions about their products. We have other representatives here with positive results.
    Last edited by Eggman; 03-16-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey MirageSEFan can you ask your contact at Rockford Fosgate about using the remote with this amplifier? It's the port labeled 'Remote' and looks like a CAT45 receptacle for Ethernet cables.

Rockford Fosgate PLC2

Click on the picture to see more details.

Edit: Actually, it would be nice if a Rockford Fosgate representative would join up and help answer questions about their products. We have other representatives here with positive results.
    I'll send him an email and ask about the remote. I would like to add that to my system as well.

I will also ask him about joining the forum.