Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Speck :: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Speck
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage ES
    Sapphire Blue
    5 speed manual
    Details
    •  

Disabled automatic air conditioning, saving fuel and prolonging life of the compressor.
    2016-Nov-29
    Added WeatherTech floor liners and KDLINKS R100 dashcam.

•  
    •  

2017-Apr-05
    Added OBDLink LX
    2017-Apr-30
    Installed a Fumoto F106SX oil drain valve for easy, simple oil changes.
    2017-Aug-23
    Installed a ZeroStart 3100111 Engine Block Heater
    2017-Oct-19
    Adjusted clutch
    2017-Oct-25
    Added experimental warm air intake ducting from over exhaust manifold to air filter box inlet (Removed 2018-Jan-20)
    2018-Jan-20
    Battery replaced.
    2018-Jan-30
    Added grill block. Between the two, I think the grill block is more effective than the warm air intake.
    2021-May-7
    Fuel pump, gasket & lock ring replaced to address a Evaporative Emission System leak.

•  
    •  

Increased tire pressure for improved fuel economy.

Summer Tires: 4 Dunlop Enasave (165/65R14) on Mitsubishi Mirage ES factory alloy rims (stock wheel set for the 2015 ES.)
    Winter Tires: 4 Dunlop Wintermaxx (165/65R14) mounted on Mitsubishi factory steel rims.

2017-Nov-26
    Picked up an extra set of Enasaves and the Dunlop Wintermaxx tires from forum member Zero.

•  
    Comments: 400 / Views: 275231
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageSEFan View Post
    I'll send him an email and ask about the remote. I would like to add that to my system as well.
    You know, reading about it at the product web page, maybe it wouldn't be so useful after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford Fosgate Remote Punch Level Control PLC2
    Remote Level Control offers remote level control of the amplifier. Once the on-board gain control is set, the PLC2 can attenuate (and not increase) the level from that point. Cable and mounting hardware included. For use with select 2013 and newer PUNCH and POWER amplifiers.

• Remote wired level control
    • Works in conjunction with on-board gain control
    • Dual function LED (power/clipping)
    • Controls level when crossover set to LP (Low-Pass)
    • Controls level on rear outputs of 4-channel amplifiers
    • Conveniently mount under dash, inside center console or glovebox
    • Includes bass knob, cable, mounting clip, mounting screws
    • 1 Year Warranty

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I sent the RF rep an email to inquire about the remote, just to get more information, and about joining our forum. I'll let you know what he says when he responds.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageSEFan For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-17-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Man I am digging this RF kit. The only other thing I can think to add would be remote tweeters.

I'm glad I got it. And to think that I was pretty much against it not that long ago.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-18-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    More thoughts on the Mirage Rockford Fosgate Premium Audio kit.

Initially, I had considered saving a bit of money by buying an off-the-shelf amp and maybe worry about a subwoofer later. With the Mirage RF kit, though I may have spent a little more money over buying parts on my own, I get a compact amp (which is tuned specifically for the Mirage) and a custom-designed subwoofer with plenty of power that installs very neatly. Considering time spent for custom fabrication and installation, the RF kit is a bargain.

The Mirage RF kit required no custom wiring fabrication. It was all provided, all plug and play. All necessary parts were included - plugs, wiring, looms, cable ties, mounting brackets & all necessary fasteners - all pre-made and ready to install. No wiring went through the firewall. No oversized power cables hang off the battery. No wiring connections were made at a fuse panel. No wiring harnesses were cut. No wiring diagrams were needed to figure out which wires serve what purpose - it was all figured out. There are no suspicious wiring harnesses or connections for a service department to use to deny a warranty claim.

The RF kit wiring harness ran between the radio to the amp at the passenger kick panel, with a new harness run to the custom subwoofer box mounted behind the rear seatback. From a casual observer's point of view, there is no visible evidence that a amp and subwoofer kit was installed, not from the engine compartment nor from under the dashboard.

If I were to sell Speck without the RF kit, it would be easy to remove the kit and revert back to factory form. It would also be easy to install into another Mirage.

Because this kit was designed by Rockford Fosgate for Mitsubishi specifically for the Mirage, I have no concerns that it will cause any problems with how my car operates, nor do I have any worries that it will cause problems with my service department.

So far, I think the only drawback has been a lighter wallet and a heavier Mirage. Not too shabby if you ask me.

Overall I think the Mirage RF kit is a good value to anyone who wants to upgrade their audio system performance. Thumbs up.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I spent some time driving around yesterday after work to gather supplies for a Spring oil change on my cars. On my way home about to exit the freeway, I noticed something odd - the TPMS light began to flash, then stayed illuminated. This TPMS warning stayed lit for about ten minutes, then turned off. I'm not sure what happened there. I'll keep an eye on it. I'll have to check the air pressure on all four tires before heading out this morning.

I'll spend my day today at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Lucky me.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I bet tire pressure is just low....or maybe you have a dying TPMS battery.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tytotheler92 View Post
    I bet tire pressure is just low....or maybe you have a dying TPMS battery.
    Or maybe I was driving through an area with RFI. Tire pressures were all 40 - 45 psi.
    Last edited by Eggman; 04-23-2019 at 09:45 PM.

I'll spend my day today at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
    Hey, I spent a weekend during a tall ships event on the Cleveland waterfront, docked near the Hall of Fame building. Many moons ago. Unfortunately, did not go inside.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My wife just bought a new Mazda3 and the TPMS goes off whether it's 25% low or 25% high. It also has a neat little button next to the steering wheel that lets you set your own tire pressure so that it operates from your custom psi!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Hey, I spent a weekend during a tall ships event on the Cleveland waterfront, docked near the Hall of Fame building. Many moons ago. Unfortunately, did not go inside.
    Nice. Were you part of ship's crew?

Quote Originally Posted by HitShane View Post
    My wife just bought a new Mazda3 and the TPMS goes off whether it's 25% low or 25% high. It also has a neat little button next to the steering wheel that lets you set your own tire pressure so that it operates from your custom psi!
    That sounds like a neat feature. Of all the conveniences built into the Mirage, it's funny that TPMS is so difficult.