Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Speck :: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Speck
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage ES
    Sapphire Blue
    5 speed manual
    Details
    •  

Disabled automatic air conditioning, saving fuel and prolonging life of the compressor.
    2016-Nov-29
    Added WeatherTech floor liners and KDLINKS R100 dashcam.

•  
    •  

2017-Apr-05
    Added OBDLink LX
    2017-Apr-30
    Installed a Fumoto F106SX oil drain valve for easy, simple oil changes.
    2017-Aug-23
    Installed a ZeroStart 3100111 Engine Block Heater
    2017-Oct-19
    Adjusted clutch
    2017-Oct-25
    Added experimental warm air intake ducting from over exhaust manifold to air filter box inlet (Removed 2018-Jan-20)
    2018-Jan-20
    Battery replaced.
    2018-Jan-30
    Added grill block. Between the two, I think the grill block is more effective than the warm air intake.
    2021-May-7
    Fuel pump, gasket & lock ring replaced to address a Evaporative Emission System leak.

•  
    •  

Increased tire pressure for improved fuel economy.

Summer Tires: 4 Dunlop Enasave (165/65R14) on Mitsubishi Mirage ES factory alloy rims (stock wheel set for the 2015 ES.)
    Winter Tires: 4 Dunlop Wintermaxx (165/65R14) mounted on Mitsubishi factory steel rims.

2017-Nov-26
    Picked up an extra set of Enasaves and the Dunlop Wintermaxx tires from forum member Zero.

•  
    Comments: 400 / Views: 279540
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey Eggman that's cute you named your Mirage Speck. There is a cat on Instagram I follow named Speck. He has long k9s and was born with a deformity. He's adorable when in the pool for therapy.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Not much to report. I filled up the tank on Saturday. Speck is up to 33,745 miles. I'm going to guess that's low mileage for a 2015 around these parts. So far, so good.

But after driving MirageRally's Mirage, his 2020 suspension is much better - a real improvement. I wouldn't be too opposed to getting a second Mirage. Maybe some day. For now, I really enjoy driving this little car as it's doing exactly what I expected and hoped for when I got it.

Thanks again for everyone's contributions on this forum. Cheers!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-17-2020),MirageRally (08-17-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Not much to report. I filled up the tank on Saturday. Speck is up to 33,745 miles. I'm going to guess that's low mileage for a 2015 around these parts. So far, so good.

But after driving MirageRally's Mirage, his 2020 suspension is much better - a real improvement. I wouldn't be too opposed to getting a second Mirage. Maybe some day. For now, I really enjoy driving this little car as it's doing exactly what I expected and hoped for when I got it.

l plan to add Godspeed Monoss Coilovers for the Mirage later on Plus that Ford Fiesta Rally Wing Spoiler and the Sport side skirts...sadly the canards will have to wait taking Mirageo to a Performance shop to see if it's worth it to add the canards...will update next week
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

You ought to do a write-up about that comparison. Most Mirage drivers on the Forum haven't driven more than one Mirage. It would be neat to hear what the differences bt the '15's and the '20's Mirage's are. Maybe I'm just detail-obsessed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    You ought to do a write-up about that comparison. Most Mirage drivers on the Forum haven't driven more than one Mirage. It would be neat to hear what the differences bt the '15's and the '20's Mirage's are. Maybe I'm just detail-obsessed.
    Well, I don't get into suspensions much so I'm afraid my input wouldn't be very helpful. My 2015 suspension is softer and floats over bumps in the road. The 2020 suspension is more firm. Different drivers will have their own opinions on the matter but to me the 2020 suspension is more like what the Mirage should have had from the start. I suppose that may have changed any reviewers opinions...?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-19-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, I don't get into suspensions much so I'm afraid my input wouldn't be very helpful. My 2015 suspension is softer and floats over bumps in the road. The 2020 suspension is more firm. Different drivers will have their own opinions on the matter but to me the 2020 suspension is more like what the Mirage should have had from the start. I suppose that may have changed any reviewers opinions...?
    Sounds good enough for me to call some local yards and see if I can find one
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    Sounds good enough for me to call some local yards and see if I can find one
    When I got my 2015 the new suspensions were just hitting the dealers lots. There should be a few junkyard donors available by now.

I don't know, that might be hard to see a wrecked Mirage...

Are you thinking of doing all four corners?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Maybe you'll want to test drive a 2020 Mirage & give us an update of the differences?

I am bit surprised that Eggman noticed that much of a difference between them. I can't vouch for any differences between a 2014-15 vs. a 2017+. I've only been in two Mirages. I test drove a 2018 ES manual locally, & bought a new 2017 ES manual from a distance dealer. I didn't even test drive the Mirage I bought.

Is the Mirage a vehicle that inspires people to buy another one?

I know vehicles like the KIA Soul get lots of repeat customers.

I would buy another Mirage, but do others feel that way? That's probably belongs in a new thread.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I am bit surprised that Eggman noticed that much of a difference between them.
    I agree. But ask MirageRally - I literally laughed out loud upon driving his, the difference was both that apparent and pleasing. And keep in mind Speck has the Daox anti-sway bar installed, so the ride is a tad firmer than the original stock configuration. AND if I remember correctly, Rally's car Mirageo has the basic steel wheels (at least I think so...)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I would buy another Mirage, but do others feel that way? That's probably belongs in a new thread.
    You are right - there is a thread just for such an occasion, and you were the last to post to it.

I would buy another

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    You are right - there is a thread just for such an occasion, and you were the last to post to it.

I would buy another
    Imagine that! The mind is the first to go, & time sure does fly!