Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taevas :: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage DE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Taevas
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage DE
    Sapphire Blue
    5-Speed Manual

Was my friend mt999999's first new car, he drove it for 2 months then garaged it. Then I bought it and end up driving for 2 months and garaging it all the same. I may have overpaid but no way was any other 2015 still this pristine.

Salt Free and staying that way!

Details

Sapphire Blue

No Bluetooth, Parcel Shelf, quiet & soft ride

•  

Automatic climate control(manual controls coming to a how to thread near you:Jun 2020) and stock AM/FM/CD/AUX 4-speaker radio

•  

Stock, 1.2 L, 5-speed

•  

Standard Stock with rear swaybar

Stock 14" steel wheels and hubcaps.

•  
    Comments: 24 / Views: 18990
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Looks awesome!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

mt999999 (03-06-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Congratulations on your new car! Nice photos, by the way. Thanks for sharing. Any ideas or plan on upgrades? How do you plan on using your new car?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

mt999999 (03-06-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't think ANY of these come without bluetooth. Are you sure? I have a DE 5 speed in INFRARED. My GF has a DE 5 speed in Sapphire Blue like your car and they both have bluetooth.

Conor

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Looks awesome!
    Thanks!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Congratulations on your new car! Nice photos, by the way. Thanks for sharing. Any ideas or plan on upgrades? How do you plan on using your new car?
    Thanks! No major upgrades planned. Maybe minor things, like grabbing a set of the window deflector/awning things so I can vent the windows when it rains, or one of the luggage nets. I have a set of Weather-Tech floor liners on the way for the front seats, and I'll grab the rear ones later. I wish I had the upgraded alloy wheels, the steelies with plastic caps look pretty crappy up close. Perhaps one day I'll run into a set of the alloy ones cheap, and I'll mount snow tires on the steel ones for winter. Can you buy those 14" Mirage alloy wheels?

It's main use will be for trips and part of my commute. My fiancee was not pleased with my airbag-less 1994 Geo Metro for traveling in, especially with our 18 month old daughter. I don't want to beat the crap out of a new car on my 60 mile commute, so I'll likely drive it 2 days a week, and drive the Metro 3 days. The Mirage will have to pick up the slack for the Metro until I repair the drum brakes on the Metro, seeing how they are wore to the point that the parking brake won't hold on a hill, with the parking brake cranked all the way up... Yikes!
    Last edited by mt999999; 03-06-2016 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Spelling

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cwatkin View Post
    I don't think ANY of these come without bluetooth. Are you sure? I have a DE 5 speed in INFRARED. My GF has a DE 5 speed in Sapphire Blue like your car and they both have bluetooth.

Conor
    I'm positive... not crazy! Haha!

Your bluetooth is on the dash near the mirror controls and Anti-Skid, correct? I saw a couple of base DE models like ours with them in one of the expansion ports in the same area, as opposed to being on the wheel. Those cars also had the microphone mounted on the windshield behind the rear-view mirror. Danielle's had bluetooth as well. Mine doesn't have anything in this spot other than mirror and skid control buttons. I'll get pictures tomorrow. If you check the website, you'll see that bluetooth is an ad-on package on the Accessories page, as the "Bluetooth hands-free kit", available for $235.

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/mirage/accessories

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mt999999 View Post
    Thanks! No major upgrades planned. Maybe minor things, like grabbing a set of the window deflector/awning things so I can vent the windows when it rains, or one of the luggage nets. I have a set of Weather-Tech floor liners on the way for the front seats, and I'll grab the rear ones later. I wish I had the upgraded alloy wheels, the steelies with plastic caps look pretty crappy up close. Perhaps one day I'll run into a set of the alloy ones cheap, and I'll mount snow tires on the steel ones for winter. Can you buy those 14" Mirage alloy wheels?

It's main use will be for trips and part of my commute. My fiancee was not pleased with my airbag-less 1994 Geo Metro for traveling in, especially with our 18 month old daughter. I don't want to beat the crap out of a new car on my 60 mile commute, so I'll likely drive it 2 days a week, and drive the Metro 3 days. The Mirage will have to pick up the slack for the Metro until I repair the drum brakes on the Metro, seeing how they are wore to the point that the parking brake won't hold on a hill, with the parking brake cranked all the way up... Yikes!
    Be aware on the Weather-Tech floor liner on the passenger side it's a little too long and can easily disconnect the A/C condenser drain tube which will cause the condensation drainage to leak into the cabin. Trimming the mat would be prudent.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Daox (03-07-2016),mt999999 (03-06-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Be aware on the Weather-Tech floor liner on the passenger side it's a little too long and can easily disconnect the A/C condenser drain tube which will cause the condensation drainage to leak into the cabin. Trimming the mat would be prudent.
    Thanks much for the tip! I'll be sure to check that when installing.

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Congrats but indeed you don't have bluetooth as this would be on either steering wheel or the positioning of the side mirrors

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)