Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Mirage SE from Canada

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

2014 Mirage SE from Canada

Hi folks,

Just bought a used 2014 Mirage SE yesterday. Man, this car is so boring to drive and is so slow. lmfao but I guess is pretty good on gas for long commute to work. :P

The car has 3500 km on the engine and apparently it had some 5000$ worth of damage repaired, it looks perfect form the outside and it drove fine when I test drove it. It looks like the bumper, left fender and left headlight was replaced from my observation, and possibly the AC condenser/radiator as well. Got it for a pretty good price. I am a gearhead myself, I can do pretty much all the maintenance work except for the engine/drivetrain, so with a 10 years warranty on the pretty much brand new engine, I should be good for the next 10 years.

First thing it came to mind is that, this thing need a rear swaybar and probably a slightly stiffer suspension.

If anyone have links in upgrade on the suspension or some cheap DIY, let me know.

Looking forward to dig around this forum.

PS: Are these 3 bangers supposed so shake that much?

Getting the car next weekend. Peace~

Eric

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Is your car a stickshift or CVT?

Mine does not shake at all

If you are the second owner of the vehicle then the warranty will not be 100k miles, It will be a 5 year/60k mile bumper to bumper warranty (including the powertrain). Same deal as Kia/Hyundai

How much are you paying for this used car (that has been in a previous accident). We will give you our opinion as to whether it is a good deal.

I just got a new 2015 in USA for $9500 out the door (stickshift DE trim) and the new one will include the 100k mi powertrain warranty

The CVT is worth about an extra $900

And factor $1000 of depreciation for every 10k miles of driving if buying used.

And a potential $3000 of depreciation for a car that has been involved in a previous accident, has a dirty carfax or salvage/rebuilt title
    Last edited by fc321; 03-13-2016 at 03:30 PM.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Is CVT, I am getting this car for my wife primarily.

Really? That's not the dealer told me, I will have to check then.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Lots of suspension upgrades available. There's been quite a few threads devoted to the subject so poke around and you'll find a bunch of options. All 3 bangers are a little rough at idle. You'll feel it more in the 2014 because Mitsubishi improved the motor mounts for 2015 to reduce the vibration at low rpm's. Yah, the CVT can seem kinda slow off the line. If you put the transmission in "B" and stick your foot into it from a dead stop it's pretty peppy actually and then up shift into "D" around 50 km/h.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Good to know, thanks. Yeah I looked a round, there is a lot of DIY articles, remind me of the team-integra.net I used to go (my hobby car is my 1999 Integra with tons of suspension mods). I guess is time to look around and see if EnergySuspension makes mount for it, or perhaps the 2015 bushing is interchangeable with the old one.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The warranty in Canada may be different but 100% certain in USA that the warranty for second and subsequent owners is a 60k mile/5year bumper to bumper warranty and that is all.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    The warranty in Canada may be different but 100% certain in USA that the warranty for second and subsequent owners is a 60k mile/5year bumper to bumper warranty and that is all.
    Yes, you are correct fc321.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    Oh, that's good then. 60k miles = 100k km.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to codenamezero For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-13-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site, and congrats on the Mirage!

You'll find lots of good info here. Make sure to check out the DIY link up top and the stickies in the forum.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by codenamezero View Post
    If anyone have links in upgrade on the suspension or some cheap DIY, let me know.
    If you wanna do cheapest it would be probably either used rear springs from Beattle or spring spacers. With spacers you can stiffen rear for under $20.

There are a couple coilover options and UltraRacing sway bar, but they are not cheap.

There are some suspension-related discussions in Tech forum, take a look.

And yes 3cyl is balanced alone Y/Z but not X axis. It shakes in 1 to 3 direction, all of them do. The Triumph bikes are good example of that. 2015 Mirage has different engine mount which reduced the feel.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)