Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anybody else have volume issues with their Mirage DE?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlestan View Post
    Throwing my hat into the ring here... was an amplifier tuner from 15+ years ago in many different SPL competitions and vehicle setups.

Something to remember is that while your math is *technically* correct, this doesn't necessarily reflect real life usage. In order for you to use all 72 watts and 6 amps you'd have to be at max volume with a constant source signal playing allowing that much current to flow. What you are describing are PEAK wattage and amperage consumption. You will rarely encounter this, if ever, in normal playing conditions. The chances of you damaging the stock Mitsubishi head unit amplifier at such low wattage and amperage ratings under normal playing conditions, even at 2 ohms, would be next to impossible.
    I hear what you are saying, and I agree. I tried to keep things simple... and got carried away anyway. I'm a radio tech from years gone by, but on a very different class of communication devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlestan View Post
    I will add that I swapped out the stock speakers with Pioneers like Lacey, and it made a marked improvement in volume and clarity, though a distinct loss in low end bass response due to the speaker cone no longer being sealed; the cone floats around the tweeter pod which sticks up through the middle of the cone which allows too much air to simply pass through with cone movement instead of compressing and delivering the same bass 'punch' as the solid cone stock speakers.
    Yep, there are several members who have reported improvement just by replacing the speakers alone. The right speakers matter.

THAT is what I appreciate most about this (and other) online forums - that one's experience can be shared so the whole group can benefit. Opinions are what they are.

I suppose one day the Golden Aftermarket Speaker will be discovered that brings magical results to our favorite little econoboxes.

Maybe one day...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Littlestan (12-27-2016),MightyMirageMpg (12-27-2016)