Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody else have volume issues with their Mirage DE?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Anybody else have volume issues with their Mirage DE?

I don't know about anyone else, but I can barely hear the radio in my car! When I have it on 20/45 I can barely hear it....then it gets slightly more noticeable. Cranking it to 45/45 doesn't even make it really loud. Sometimes I like to thump the bass, ya know!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 41.2 mpg (US) ... 17.5 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoStalker View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but I can barely hear the radio in my car! When I have it on 20/45 I can barely hear it....then it gets slightly more noticeable. Cranking it to 45/45 doesn't even make it really loud. Sometimes I like to thump the bass, ya know!!
    My car actually seems to do the same thing only when I'm listening to FM radio. If I play a cd or music from my usb drive the sound quality is night and day. Just seems to have poor audio quality on FM radio.
    Empty to full in $12 flat.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasMirage2 View Post
    My car actually seems to do the same thing only when I'm listening to FM radio. If I play a cd or music from my usb drive the sound quality is night and day. Just seems to have poor audio quality on FM radio.
    About the only time the audio cranks up loud is when I hit the phone button on the left side of the dash. THEN I get this loud opera music....I have no idea just yet the purpose of that, but the volume is set pretty high when it happens.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 41.2 mpg (US) ... 17.5 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.4 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GeoStalker For This Useful Post:

TXmirageGUY (12-08-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    About the only time the audio cranks up loud is when I hit the phone button on the left side of the dash. THEN I get this loud opera music....I have no idea just yet the purpose of that, but the volume is set pretty high when it happens.
    Huhh???? weird... I have never experienced that before. But to add to the conversation, the volume is awful. Its even worse on blutooth which is my preferred choice of connection. Lesigh...
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Interesting. I find my radio is plenty loud enough.

Do you notice a big difference in output level when comparing each input? For example, you mention the radio is not loud enough. Do you mean AM or FM, or both? What if you compare that to the other sources such as CD, AUX, or USB?

If the others are fine, I wonder if your antenna connection is loose.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's the same for all outputs.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have noticed that the rear speakers are not as loud as the front speakers. If I mess with the fader it just doesn't sound right. Are your rear speakers just as loud as the front?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    It's the same for all outputs.
    Outputs or inputs? I'm guessing you meant inputs.

Like he said - check your speaker settings & maybe speaker wiring.

I don't know - find another Mirage for comparison?

Did you already blow out your speakers??

lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    I think it is a combination of a somewhat weak stereo and a somewhat noisy car.

The stereo doesn't get very loud, but as others have said it depends on the source material.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    In my experience it is a really noisy car. I can be parked and the volume is almost too loud at 36/45, vs not nearly loud enough at 42/45 when driving 45 MPH in windy KS. The Bluetooth streaming device can also affect how loud your audio is. Between my two phones with Bluetooth audio at maximum it can be 5-6 levels different on the stereo to get the same volume in the car. I have 50 ft. of GT mat waiting to be installed. I bought the 50 mil not realizing how thin it was until it had already shipped. I will probably double it up on larger panels to get enough mass to be effective.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 38.6 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.4 mpg (Imp)