Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Which oil to use

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Can someone post what the US manual says about what weight oil to use in the car? (recommended and alternate viscosities)
    I run 15w-40 Delvac diesel oil in my turbo Cordia, mainly for the higher zinc content and the ability to handle the older style turbo (TD05-16G) since it is an older engine.
    I have been using 5w-20 synthetic Mobile 1 (recommended) in my Outlander since new and it has 96000 miles on it with no issues.

Rob

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WEXX View Post
    Can someone post what the US manual says about what weight oil to use in the car? (recommended and alternate viscosities)
    I run 15w-40 Delvac diesel oil in my turbo Cordia, mainly for the higher zinc content and the ability to handle the older style turbo (TD05-16G) since it is an older engine.
    I have been using 5w-20 synthetic Mobile 1 (recommended) in my Outlander since new and it has 96000 miles on it with no issues.

Rob
    The recommended oil here is 0w-20 synthetic. Other parts of the world get different recommendations, but we get the 10/100 powertrain warranty. They don't. Since most wear occurs on startup, I guess Mitsubishi wanted an oil that flows really well when cold?

My engine has started to use some oil as it approaches 100k. Once my supply of Mobil 1 0w-20 AFE runs out...along with the powertrain warranty...I think I am going to switch to something a bit heavier. Like maybe a 0w-30 or 5w-30.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

fc321 (07-13-2018)

I just use 0w20 synthetic. Started with Mobile 1 but now use cheaper klondike brand. Getting close to 240xxx miles on one car it still runs fine.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

fc321 (07-13-2018)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Mitsubishi recommends using ILSAC certified engine oils.

I don't see the ILSAC starburst symbol on that bottle, but maybe that's because its on the back label or otherwise out of view.
    Name:  IMG_0647.jpg
Views: 1505
Size:  75.5 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have always wondered about using the Mobil 1 European 0W40 in these engines. I know it probably isn't needed and might kill mileage quite a bit but this is a great oil for the money. Someone here was going to do an analysis using that oil and I have never seen a follow up.

My GF and I both have 2015 models. They used a tad of oil during original break-in but I never added oil before the first change at 3000 miles. They have used no oil since and I have been on the Mobil 1 0W20 EP (gold label in US). The last time I changed my oil it was a hair over the full mark (not enough to hurt). 5000 miles later I checked again before changing and it was still a hair over the full mark.

Conor

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cwatkin For This Useful Post:

fc321 (07-13-2018)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    iwanted to test this one if this is better here. Got 4 of these eco oil FS from mitsu.

I dont know they said this is better for the mirage here.

Name:  IMG_0671.jpg
Views: 1523
Size:  88.3 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkey
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    good day, just want to ask what can i use in our mirage? here in the Philippines the weather is hot.

i did try to visit the dealer casa and it will cost me alot. so i decided to visit shell gas station and have a quotation and wonderfully its a quarter of what i should pay for the mitsubishi casa.

now the question is, since our mirage indicates in the manual to use a 5w-40 shell only has a semi synthetic 5w-40 but offers instead of a 0w-40 full synth, and from my last 5k PMS i went to fully sinthetic. is it ok to use a 0w for topup or should i change the oil in full? and will the 0w-40 work fine with our engine in a tropical country like ours?

Attachment 5449
    Attachment 5450
    Hello from Turkey,

First of all don't use semi-syntetic oils. Always use fully-sythetic oils..

My Mirage is nearly 70.000 kms. I am continuing with Eneos fully sythetic 0w-20, which i am quite satisfied with.

When i talked with Eneos Distributor in Turkey, he advised me to use 0w20 till 150.000 km, later switch to 5w30.

0w20 or 5w30 can be used in Turkey, depending on the city you reside.

I prefer Eneos due to stability in hot temperatures and high viscosity index.

Besides Eneos; Motul, Mobil 1, Liqui Moly, Petronas and Gulf are the other oil brands of good quality..

Country
    Turkey
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    Name:  IMG_0647.jpg
Views: 1505
Size:  75.5 KB
    As far as i know, the engine oils with Honda Logos are produced by Eneos..