Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Developing a rear sway bar alternative

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm interested but $175 USD is pricey enough for me without the international shipping.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kineo View Post
    I'm interested but $175 USD is pricey enough for me without the international shipping.
    Do you have any free time in June? There is a meet-up planned in Port Washington, WI (north of Milwaukee) hosted by spork. Daox is planning on being there. For a (long) weekend road trip you could have one installed.

Read more about it here:
    Midwest Mitsubishi Mirage Meet 2018!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kineo View Post
    I was curious, so I looked it up. It looks like shipping to Toronto would be an extra $20.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    Do you have any Mirage Forum stickers left? You should add one along with the bar when its ready to ship and add it to the cost.
    Yes, we do have decals left. We keep them in stock. I'm sure we can toss one in with each bar, at least for the initial group of buyers.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have been working with different suppliers, clearing up any issues and questions they might have had, figuring out paint specs (powder coating, not just any old paint) and that sort of stuff. I think I have it mostly worked out, but I am still waiting to hear from a few places. I'll be calling them up today and seeing what the issue is! However, I do have a supplier selected already and I'll probably be going with them as they've actually been responsive.

If all goes well, I hope to place the order for the bars in about 2 weeks. Quoted production time is 6-8 weeks. I am planning to have sway bars for those who come to the Midwest Mitsubishi Mirage Meet. Saving on shipping is a big chunk of change in the price of the bar.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

2of9 (03-20-2018),Angrybeaver (03-18-2018),MetroMPG (03-16-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've decided to change the design slightly. It'll decrease the likelihood of cracking welds. It makes setup easier, but there is more welding. Hopefully it won't affect the price at all. Sending out more request for quotes again.

I'm still really hoping to see more interest in these. I'd love to be able to lower the price even more.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

bzacon (03-22-2018),Marklovski (03-20-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Have you trimmed the corner that sticks down at the end in your design? Seems to me there's some unnecessary steel there that could hang up on road hazards and a chamfer would mitigate the risk of suspension damage from a rock or something. You've done the FMEA and structural analysis not me, so I'll trust your judgement if you think it's better without trimming.
    2014 Mirage GLX 5MT Plasma Purple
    2004 Accord EX 5MT Graphite Pearl RIP

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public. -- That's why Ford outsells Mitsu in the US

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yep. It has been trimmed up and looks prettier. This is the general idea:

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

bzacon (03-22-2018),Marklovski (03-21-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's gorgeous!
    2014 Mirage GLX 5MT Plasma Purple
    2004 Accord EX 5MT Graphite Pearl RIP

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public. -- That's why Ford outsells Mitsu in the US

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks Bzacon!

So, I have quotes back and the design change did raise the price, but not enough to make much difference. The final price will be $175 shipped. If you are local, you can save yourself $25 and pick it up at the Midwest Mitsubishi Mirage Meet, or sooner if they're done much before hand.

I am going to start a new thread for the sway bar buy just to separate it from the development thread.