Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Developing a rear sway bar alternative

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm gonna hold of on getting one til winter is over.I've got another money pit project in the garage I need to buy parts for that keeps getting put off.
    If something happened to 2017 Mirage today and I had to replace it tomorrow, I would be ordering a rear sway bar that same day. It's such a simple part that nicely addresses a weakness in the Mirage.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (12-12-2019),Fummins (12-12-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm gonna hold of on getting one til winter is over.I've got another money pit project in the garage I need to buy parts for that keeps getting put off.
    A fleet of more than 40 Mirages with hundreds of thousands of miles (kilometers) without a rear sway bar and you dare to decide putting off getting one for yourself.

Whatever you do, don't post this decision of yours on the forum - it's bound to draw the wrong reaction.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    A fleet of more than 40 Mirages with hundreds of thousands of miles (kilometers) without a rear sway bar and you dare to decide putting off getting one for yourself.

Whatever you do, don't post this decision of yours on the forum - it's bound to draw the wrong reaction.
    Are you saying you'd pay for it and ship it up here? That's mighty generous!
    I've got other things that take priority right meow. I've got a thousand or two in parts I gotta pick up for my latest "good deal" rzr purchase that's taking up space in the corner of my garage. Plus I've got christmas presents, crack,hookers and booze to pay for too....I wanted to grab a bunch of sway bars off the rack at buddies auto wrecker and see if I could make one work easy enough but I'll probably never have the spare time to even bother. So keep your panties on and don't let your teeth fall out, I'll get one when I can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Is there a link to order one

Quote Originally Posted by Griff151 View Post
    Is there a link to order one
    https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...light=sway+bar half way down the page there's a buy now button.

I found this too but I don't think the page has been updated since he redesigned the bar https://www.amazon.com/Mitsubishi-Mi...159714&sr=8-14

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cool

I got mine on, what a difference. I've had the Godspeed and for me, this is exactly what I was looking for. I might put bags in the rear to bring the ride height up just a little but all the crazy rolling it does during everything is almost gone. Great product. I'd just like to bring up a small issue I had, not sure if it's my fault or not. While putting it together the last hole didn't line up. I used a punch to get the hole close enough to thread the bolt in. Pics attached. Thanks Doan!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dust2dust02 For This Useful Post:

Daox (12-27-2019),inuvik (12-26-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust2dust02 View Post
    I got mine on, what a difference. I've had the Godspeed and for me, this is exactly what I was looking for. I might put bags in the rear to bring the ride height up just a little but all the crazy rolling it does during everything is almost gone. Great product. I'd just like to bring up a small issue I had, not sure if it's my fault or not. While putting it together the last hole didn't line up. I used a punch to get the hole close enough to thread the bolt in. Pics attached. Thanks Doan!
    Did you insert all four attachment bolts and start each lock nut a little bit before tightening down all four bolts one-by-one?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Daox (12-27-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust2dust02 View Post
    .... Thanks Doan!
    youre the man, doan! love the sway bar

12. The Following User Says Thank You to benwerks For This Useful Post:

Daox (12-27-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So, having had both these coil-overs and (separately) the Doax sway bar for almost a month I can safely say, the Godspeed are NOT for daily drivers... ***UNLESS you like/are used to driving a track car on the street*** The Doax SwayBar is FAR MORE drop in and make everything better.

There is a spot on the freeway where I live, where the car was getting air with the GS shocks on, with the shocks at the lowest setting and spring preload dialed all the way down.

With the stock suspension back on I hardly even notice the bump...

All I really wanted to do was get rid of the hideous body roll while cornering and some of that sheet your pants feeling at high speeds when you hit a bump and it wobbles like it is going to come apart like the space shuttle Columbia...

I got the Doax sway bar with the stock suspension back on and it is AMAZING. Still soft suspension but with WAY better body roll, WAY better feeling in the steering (even straight lines are way more stable) and totally lost the OH SHEET WE ARE GOING TO ROLL!!! moments after high speed bumps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    design for the Mirage rear sway bar

These are some pros and cons for both, please note, these are comparing each to stock and not to each other. The Godspeed is better in every way to both stock and the Doax SB, BUT at a cost of rattle your bones stiff suspension, IMHO, YMMV.

Pros for the GodSpeed (WAY BETTER)
    ---------
    Cornering
    Handling
    Adjustments (of shock rate and spring preload ONLY)
    Launch
    Braking (body dive and steering wobble, this does not make the actual brakes better....)
    Relatively cheap
    Drop in replacement with minimal to no fabrication
    Stock ride height can be maintained (ish, I may have done something hideously wrong, but I doubt it)

Cons for Godspeed
    ---------
    VERY rough spring rates. Over double of stock and no drop-in aftermarket springs sold by GS
    WAY shorter shock travel (duh I know but take this into account)
    Little to no presets for dialing in preferences, everything is take the suspension mostly apart and try again
    If you want to adjust camber you will need to cut the bodies strut mount dimple/lip
    Ugly ass color (IMHO)

Pros for Doax SwayBar
    --------
    Stock ride height... Lol
    WAY cheaper than GS
    Gets rid of body roll and steering wobble without requiring having all your fillings replaced too
    WAY easier to install...
    Sexy BLACK paint

Cons For Doax SwayBar
    --------
    Doesn't change ride otherwise (again, duh....)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dust2dust02 For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-02-2020),Top_Fuel (01-07-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Did you insert all four attachment bolts and start each lock nut a little bit before tightening down all four bolts one-by-one?
    Yes, I am not sure if it was how I had the car jacked up... I think I may have been introducing some twist in the system somehow...