Thread: Hello from Kansas City US

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Question Hello from Kansas City US

I have admired the Mirage for a while now and I am considering purchasing as my commute is ~40mins each way and the gas savings will be amazing. Is there anything I should know before I buy.

I am glad to be a new member. Thanks in advance.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Micurious For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-22-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Welcome aboard and let's see some pics!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    A request for pictures is for your new purchase. Of course, we are interested in knowing what trim level you might be interested in.

I got an ES mainly for the cruise control, but the FAST key - that is, keyless ignition - allows a push-button start.

There's loads of features I'm not used to in a car of this class - power steering/windows/locks, remote entry/locking, automatic climate control, superior fuel economy without the complications of a hybrid kit - I could go on.

As far as things to look out for, some owners here have reported problems with rear axle alignment, but not everyone.

I like mine. I became an active member on this forum learning about the car and patiently waited for a bargain. When Mitsubishi started $3500 rebates, I made my purchase.

I hope that answers your questions. Have a look around here, there's lots of helpful advice from friendly people all looking to get the most out of these little cars.

Welcome.

PS: Don't forget traction/stability control, automatic headlights, power mirrors...
    Last edited by Eggman; 03-22-2016 at 07:51 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    "As far as things to look out for, some owners here have reported problems with rear axle alignment, but not everyone."

Is there a permanent fix for this as I understand it will eat tires?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Micurious View Post
    Is there a permanent fix for this as I understand it will eat tires?
    It's a difficult question to answer.

Some forum members have gotten a satisfactory alignment from their dealer with a replacement axle. Some replacement axles don't fix the problem. Other more mechanically-inclined owners have taken matters into their own hands and gotten results with some creative solutions of their own.

Mitsubishi will make all necessary adjustments for the first year. It is easier to get it resolved within this time rather than after. Unfortunately for the early birds, they didn't find out about alignment problems until after this period. Some of their dealerships have stood up and worked on getting a replacement axle. For some reason, a few Mitsubishi dealerships give better service than others.

It would be good to get an alignment check done at purchase.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

3dplane (03-22-2016),Daox (03-22-2016),Micurious (03-22-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well the only thing I want to do to it when I get it is to give it the FIA R5 body kit but I can't seem to find anyone that sells it or something close to it. I know there is a "sales" section but I assume they will not just sell me the body kit.

I am not trying for a off-road rally car with super power.... I just love the way it looks! Purely a visual thing.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Then welcome aboard and let's see some pics!

That R5 reminds me of good old slot cars.

In fact, the car as-is from the factory does too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site Micurious! The Mirage is a great little car as the owners here will tell you.

I agree that I would get the rear alignment checked out. Beyond that you're good.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes as Eggman says have rear alignment checked prior to purchase. Out of mods you are planning suspension is too soft and too much body roll, keep an eye on sway bar threads. This car needs one badly.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    Yes as Eggman says have rear alignment checked prior to purchase. Out of mods you are planning suspension is too soft and too much body roll, keep an eye on sway bar threads. This car needs one badly.
    I kinda appreciate mine the way it is.

Maybe I should start driving harder.