So I picked up the Mirage LS Sedan 2015 for a good run out price and most of the reviews I read said it had awesome fuel economy and was packed with features but not very high on styling or handling.
5 weeks in, these are my impressions.
- Proximity keyless lock/unlock, keyless entry and ignition are awesome
- Automatic windscreen wiper activation is a little gimmicky but cool
- Automatic driving light activation is very nice
- Exterior / interior styling (chrome highlights is nice)
- High seating position (adjustable seating height, drivers side) is really nice
- Very plastic interiors (easy to clean though)
- Fuel economy ranges from first tank 8.0L/100kms, 2nd tank 7.0/100kms (Mainly city driving). I think this is more the way I am driving the car. But I came from a Jeep Cherokee (Liberty) that was about 16-17L/100kms.
- The bluetooth handsfree stsyem is a bit clunky but it is a budget vehicle.
The not too sure:
- I seem to have a very loud air conditioner compressor. When the air con is on, there is a click and then a whirring noise. usually lasts for 10 seconds then there is silence for 15 seconds and then it starts again. Would appreciate any advice as to whether this is normal. Does not occur when air con is turned off.
- Car struggles up inclines and getting up to speed on the highway, but it is a 3 cyclinder 1.2 litre engine
- Never really used cruise control and the Sedan does not have it. Everyone tells me this is deal breaker for them, but I use the car mainly as a city runabout so I definately do not miss it.
Overall: Great little car. I am sure fuel economy will improve when I learn to drive a bitmore conservatively. I did have almost an uninterupted run for 20kms one morning with air con turned off and the average fuel economy for that trip was 5.1L/100kms. Not too shabby. Great bang for your buck.