Thread: New owner in Michigan - 2015 Manual

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

New owner in Michigan - 2015 Manual

Hello all,
    I have actually only put down a payment, as I am headed out of town for a week, and they had to bring my Mirage from another dealer. So I have not even seen it, driven it, or know for sure what color it will be! Any advice for new owners? Things I should know, or look for?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Admrlkane For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-25-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 2,129 Posts
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

I'm still learning mine, and I'm finding there's lots to these little cars. One common modification includes rear suspension - there are a number of member who share their work here. One problem that some owners notice is alignment problems with the rear axle. If able, try to get the alignment checked at purchase.

Congratulations and again, welcome.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

I'm still learning mine, and I'm finding there's lots to these little cars. One common modification includes rear suspension - there are a number of member who share their work here. One problem that some owners notice is alignment problems with the rear axle. If able, try to get the alignment checked at purchase.

Congratulations and again, welcome.
    Thanks! I will ask about the alignment when I pick it up.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site Admrlkane! Congrats on the soon to be yours Mirage.

The rear alignment is the only possible issue I'd look into right away. Other than that, drive it and see what you think, then tweak it to your liking weather that be modding suspension, installing a beefed up stereo, or putting some flashy wheels on it. Its your car, make it what you want, or keep it stock, its yours!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have been a lurker for years, but thought I would give everyone an update on my Mirage. I am up to 86,000 miles, have never had a mechanical problem, I have only replaced the tires once so far, and still have tread left now. On some trips to Chicago where traffic is regular at about 50 mph, I average 55~ MPG for the trip, and during my normal driving I am still usually around 42-44 MPG most of the time. I put a hitch on it, and tow a little 4x8 trailer, it tows fine, never had an issue. I have towed motorcycles, furniture, lumber... I did jackknife the trailer backing up one time, but I blame the guy who asked me to pick up his lumber... it put a straight line cut in the bumper, and I just stitched it up with Zip ties so it looks like a cosmetic addition rather than a flaw. Other than that, the interior still looks like new when I bother to clean it out, and other than a few normal wear and tear scratches and dings from parking lots, it looks like new outside too! I am still very happy, and plan to drive it till it dies, then buy another one!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Admrlkane For This Useful Post:

7milesout (04-05-2022),Dirk Diggler (04-01-2022),Fummins (04-01-2022),inuvik (04-01-2022)