Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mirage RF Edition Bluetooth Audio

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Mirage RF Edition Bluetooth Audio

Just purchased a Mirage RF (Rockford Fosgate Edition) model.

I can successfully connect Bluetooth phone. But I don't understand how the Bluetooth audio streaming works. The salesman didn't seem to know either. I looked in the owners manual, and there seems to be some conflicting information; one part of the manual states I should say 'Setup' then 'Play'. Another part says I should just hit the CD button until I see 'BT-A' on the screen.

Please advise. I'm pretty sure this feature is included, as it's mentioned in the press release, but detailed nowhere on the window sticker. If they left this feature out, I'd be surprised to learn that (especially being part of the premium audio group).

Worst case, I can either connect through the AUX IN or use a Bluetooth audio adapter (coincidentally Rockford Fosgate also sells these).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    I have an ES, which should use the same Bluetooth controls. Mine are in the steering wheel as well.

My phone defaults to the phone's media player when it connects to my car (I have a Galaxy S6). But only after my phone has been restarted. You may have to manually close the phone's media player if you want to stream. Once I close the media player, it defaults to Pandora, which is what I am usually listening to.

Pandora has to be set up on the phone. I have to open the app on my phone, then it will play through the car's stereo.

It actually works very well. It stops the song when I get out of the car, and restarts it in the same place. It's almost like a CD player.

What streaming service are you trying to use?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anf2374 View Post
    Just purchased a Mirage RF (Rockford Fosgate Edition) model.

I can successfully connect Bluetooth phone. But I don't understand how the Bluetooth audio streaming works. The salesman didn't seem to know either. I looked in the owners manual, and there seems to be some conflicting information; one part of the manual states I should say 'Setup' then 'Play'. Another part says I should just hit the CD button until I see 'BT-A' on the screen.

Please advise. I'm pretty sure this feature is included, as it's mentioned in the press release, but detailed nowhere on the window sticker. If they left this feature out, I'd be surprised to learn that (especially being part of the premium audio group).

Worst case, I can either connect through the AUX IN or use a Bluetooth audio adapter (coincidentally Rockford Fosgate also sells these).
    Since you have the phone paired with the car just select bluetooth as the input on the stereo. Push play on the audio on the song you want to play on your phone. Turn the volume all the way up on your phone. You'll have some controls available on the stereo. I believe you can use voice commands for some functions also.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Change the mode to BT which is right after the USB mode. It might take a minute or two to get the bluetooth connected to the car once you start the stereo. You can also use #3 to play or #4 to pause/stop the audio.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hari04415 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-30-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 2,129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hari04415 View Post
    Change the mode to BT which is right after the USB mode. It might take a minute or two to get the bluetooth connected to the car once you start the stereo. You can also use #3 to play or #4 to pause/stop the audio.
    I wish this worked for the USB input.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    OK, I got it working!!!

I'm so glad the car has Bluetooth streaming audio!

The window sticker didn't show the feature, and owners manual wasn't clear enough.

Nevertheless, I got it working, and it works amazingly well. I just had to cycle the CD button a few times. I just get in the car, and it reconnects. Even if I'm at the gym using a Bluetooth headset, I don't have to reconnect to the car. Great!!!

Thanks guys for your help.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to anf2374 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-31-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by anf2374 View Post
    OK, I got it working!!!

I'm so glad the car has Bluetooth streaming audio!

The window sticker didn't show the feature, and owners manual wasn't clear enough.

Nevertheless, I got it working, and it works amazingly well. I just had to cycle the CD button a few times. I just get in the car, and it reconnects. Even if I'm at the gym using a Bluetooth headset, I don't have to reconnect to the car. Great!!!

Thanks guys for your help.
    Can you post some pics of what is in the trunk? I am curious to see the sub and how it is set up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gnarles2 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-31-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here's some pics of the system and package components:

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  96.9 KB
Views: 669
Size:  95.8 KB
Views: 705
Size:  96.4 KB
Views: 621
Size:  97.2 KB
Views: 615
Size:  91.4 KB
Views: 627
Size:  97.5 KB
Views: 580
Size:  97.7 KB
Views: 630
Size:  93.0 KB

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anf2374 For This Useful Post:

Daox (04-01-2016),Eggman (04-01-2016),Gnarles2 (04-02-2016),inuvik (04-06-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 2,129 Posts
    Nice! Thanks for the pictures. Any photos of the amp?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You're welcome!

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/oem/oem_flex41.aspx

The amplifier is shown at the bottom. The Flex 41 is the same used in the Mirage.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anf2374 For This Useful Post:

Daox (04-01-2016),Eggman (04-01-2016),hari04415 (04-02-2016)