Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Q: Does clutch riding affect FC?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Eggman,
    . . . . Agreed! You can find some real interesting things. I also like to look and see if my question has already been addressed in the past. Yep, clutch riding is a very bad thing to do. As inuvik said you can fry a clutch in less than one minute if you tried. I know someone who did that when he was 17 years old. Me! LOL! My mom was very unhappy with me. From then on I would get at least 100K miles unless I detonated one while racing. The clutch in my 323 had 320K miles on it when I sold the car. The clutch in my Protege had 120K miles on it when I traded it. It had to be replaced at 20K after the grandson stole the car and went on a joy ride. It hurt him worst than me after he spent a year in prison for grand theft auto. I am also very easy on brakes. My brakes usually rust away before I wear them out.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Eggman,
    . . . . Agreed! You can find some real interesting things. I also like to look and see if my question has already been addressed in the past.
    It's helpful to quote the post you are addressing so we all know what you are talking about.

Let us know if you need help with that.

Last edited by Eggman; 05-13-2020 at 11:50 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)