Thread: Aftermarket navigation in a DE

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Aftermarket navigation in a DE

Hello all! I'm pondering the idea of purchasing this head unit package and installing it in my stock DE.

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PLDNANDVR...dp_o_pC_nS_ttl

I see that I'll need an adapter plate and I've read another thread of someone who achieved this, but it looked like their model was an ES. Can anybody tell me if this will work up front before I pull the trigger and order it? I'd also be installing the rear view camera and dash cam too, seems like quite the package!

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I really have no idea, but please do let us know how it turns out if you do it. Looks very useful

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 42.7 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    There are some members who have installed a new stereo, some included GPS navigation. If you like, I could search for some of those threads. I don't think anyone has posted a Pyle installation...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I did find a couple who installed a Pioneer system similar to the Pyle, yet these were installed on all ES models. Would there be any reason why the wiring behind the radio would be different between the two trims?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Steering wheel controls, and possibly GPS antenna wouldn't be available on the lower model. However, I've heard the wiring harness might have the extra wiring in place, waiting to be used. I think I heard that on the steering wheel controls, but I'm not sure anyone has found the GPS antenna cable.

Good luck. Be sure to post the project - lots of photos.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

ditomobile (04-28-2016)