Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Aftermarket Steering Wheel?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    maryland, usa
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    208
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 43 Times in 32 Posts

    Aftermarket Steering Wheel?

    Has anyone done this yet? Installing an aftermarket steering wheel?

    As much as I like the steering wheel controls, i never use cruise control and for audio, my aftermarket reciever wont be using the oem call buttons only the audio ones. Not to mention sometimes i accidentally hit the call button which interupts my music.

    Has anyone swapped out to an afternarket wheel? And if so, what brand/part number hub kit did you use?



  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Mitsu
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,359
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    256
    Thanked 310 Times in 243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by namco View Post
    Has anyone done this yet? Installing an aftermarket steering wheel?

    As much as I like the steering wheel controls, i never use cruise control and for audio, my aftermarket reciever wont be using the oem call buttons only the audio ones. Not to mention sometimes i accidentally hit the call button which interupts my music.

    Has anyone swapped out to an afternarket wheel? And if so, what brand/part number hub kit did you use?
    there are some EVO take off on fleeBay.. just saying

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)


  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    maryland, usa
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    208
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 43 Times in 32 Posts
    The evo wheels bolt right up? Same hub spline?

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Mitsu
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,359
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    256
    Thanked 310 Times in 243 Posts
    Not sure; probably

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)


  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    maryland, usa
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    208
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 43 Times in 32 Posts
    Bah. I was gonna say if you knew for sure, i could just buy an evo steering install kit and get a wheel i like..... lols.

  6. #6
    Senior Member mitsumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Manila
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    850
    Thanks
    502
    Thanked 308 Times in 190 Posts
    in Thailand there was one I saw replaced the steering wheel from a Triton and it worked well even the controls.

    BTW. is there anyone here knows or has any prints on how to change our steering wheels? DIY anyone?

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 26.3 mpg (US) ... 11.2 km/L ... 8.9 L/100 km ... 31.6 mpg (Imp)


  7. #7
    Moderator Eggman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio ☼
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    4,739
    Thanks
    2,763
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 903 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    BTW. is there anyone here knows or has any prints on how to change our steering wheels? DIY anyone?
    mitsumi, have you downloaded a copy of the service manual?

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 50.2 mpg (US) ... 21.4 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 60.3 mpg (Imp)


  8. #8
    Member bzacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    95
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 28 Times in 20 Posts
    Has anyone seen a decent 4 spoke or 2 spoke wheel that could fit the Mirage? All I see are semi-truck wheels in 2 spoke, or really really gaudy 4 spokes. I'm getting tempted to try a wheel off an old Fuso Canter just to get rid of that hateful bottom center spoke that all cars have nowadays. I just want to put my hand on the bottom of the steering wheel. Why is that so much to ask!?!?!?!?
    2014 Mirage GLX 5MT Plasma Purple
    2004 Accord EX 5MT Graphite Pearl RIP

    No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public. -- That's why Ford outsells Mitsu in the US

  9. #9
    Moderator inuvik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Coos Bay, OR
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    2,170
    Thanks
    1,719
    Thanked 771 Times in 557 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bzacon View Post
    Has anyone seen a decent 4 spoke or 2 spoke wheel that could fit the Mirage? All I see are semi-truck wheels in 2 spoke, or really really gaudy 4 spokes. I'm getting tempted to try a wheel off an old Fuso Canter just to get rid of that hateful bottom center spoke that all cars have nowadays. I just want to put my hand on the bottom of the steering wheel. Why is that so much to ask!?!?!?!?
    Well, other than the lack of airbag and a two spoke steering wheel not having the rigidity of a 3 or 4 spoke wheel and impaling you in a crash I see no problems

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.6 mpg (US) ... 17.3 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.8 mpg (Imp)


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

    poorman1 (05-27-2018)

  11. #10
    Member bzacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    95
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 28 Times in 20 Posts
    Hmm, seems I killed this thread. Anyone do anything like this? Still considering options, but everything seems quite pricey, and it's hard to find spline specs to see if any old 4 spoke wheels like for older mitsubishi sedans fit.


    2014 Mirage GLX 5MT Plasma Purple
    2004 Accord EX 5MT Graphite Pearl RIP

    No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public. -- That's why Ford outsells Mitsu in the US

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •