Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi says employees cheated on fuel economy/emissions tests

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleartec View Post
    So is it true, our cars cannot do the specified km/l?
    My Speck so far is beating the US EPA estimates. How about yours - how is it compared to what was reported? Judging by your fuel log, you seem to be doing good.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

US EPA orders re-testing of Mirage

the Environmental Protection Agency has ordered Mitsubishi to conduct new fuel economy tests on its U.S.-market vehicles. The agency hasn't said whether it suspects Mitsubishi of any wrongdoing, nor has it released specifics about its demands for new efficiency tests. The EPA hasn't indicated whether it plans to conduct its own tests to verify results provided by Mitsubishi.
    http://www.thecarconnection.com/news...ders-new-tests

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    My Speck so far is beating the US EPA estimates. How about yours - how is it compared to what was reported? Judging by your fuel log, you seem to be doing good.
    Thanks Eggman... but I don't think I am doing great... In my country I am supposed to do 55mpg(this is just like Dark souls lll, impossible XD). So you know I get angry at my self, and can't seem to find the answer, why am I not doing 55 mpg? Is it the weather, tires(already at 38 psi), or is the engine not fully broken in(already at 16,000+ km), or what is it. I litterally try to get all green lights, I coast all the time even transmission braking, no climate control nor lights and radio. Mitsubishi is playing with me aren't they? . All the above mentioned was done today with avg fuel consumption of 21 km/L(49mpg)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    ^^38psi isn't enough you want it to be 42-44 if MPG is what you are after.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cyclopathic For This Useful Post:

Cleartec (04-27-2016)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    ^^38psi isn't enough you want it to be 42-44 if MPG is what you are after.
    On my OEM 15" tire it says: "never inflate over 40 psi", even though the max sidewall is rated at 51 PSI I think? please help... what do you guys do yourself?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I've been able to get over 60 MPG in the city if I'm able to avoid traffic and coast down hills (either in Neutral or DFCO depending on grade). My Mirage only has 1700 km so far.

There are a lot of hills where I live. If it was totally flat, I think I would be stuck at 50 MPG. Coasting as much as possible is key unless you are willing to pulse & glide with engine off. I have my tires at max side wall pressure, I can't remember what that was.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 53.4 mpg (US) ... 22.7 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 64.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerAbuser View Post
    I've been able to get over 60 MPG in the city if I'm able to avoid traffic and coast down hills (either in Neutral or DFCO depending on grade). My Mirage only has 1700 km so far.

There are a lot of hills where I live. If it was totally flat, I think I would be stuck at 50 MPG. Coasting as much as possible is key unless you are willing to pulse & glide with engine off. I have my tires at max side wall pressure, I can't remember what that was.
    41 psi for 14" tire and 51 psi for 15" tire...

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    I'm just worried about getting a flat tire due to manufacture overinflation, yet some people don't bother to check tire pressure and have below the recomendation for manufacture spec(people that don't give a flying **** about economy, sad)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Our findings confirm that fuel economy testing data for these U.S. market vehicles is accurate and complies with established EPA procedures,” Don Swearingen, COO of 
Mitsubishi Motors North America, said in a letter to dealers.
    http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...-testing-flaws

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikhail For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-28-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I really hope Mitsubishi can continue to remain in the U.S. market. I picked up my Mirage yesterday! Its just amazing to me that cheating a little on fuel economy test have dropped the companies stock 50%+ General Motors was KILLNG people with that ignition switch debaticle and knew about it and I didnt see their stock drop this much!!! It just blows my mind!