Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Speaker Sizes - what does the Mirage come with?

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Speaker Sizes - what does the Mirage come with?

What size speakers does the mirage come with?
    I'm led to believe 5" front and back?
    Also, has anyone mounted some 5" splits? if so, where'd you mount the tweeters?

Cheers

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by swainey32 View Post

Cheers
    you can safely mount 5" up to 6.5" speakers max .. you can mount the tweeters near the dashboard or on the sideview mirror balnk covers..make's them look like tweeter pods!
    "Our knowledge is a receding Mirage in an expanding desert of Ignorance!"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RageMi For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-20-2013)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    all i know is that it has 140 W stock :P

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by swainey32 View Post

Cheers
    they are 6.5" but they have triangular holes, so if you go with 6.5 (which we did) you either need to get adapters, use OEM speakers to make adapters, or cut door with metal shears (which we did).

If you use component speakers, the best location for twits will be somewhere in top front corner of the door good luck

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    140 watts stock is 140 watts TOTAL. I would say, 140 / 4 speakers = 35 watts per speaker. Considering the fronts are louder than the rear, I would assume 40 watts in the front and 30 in the rear which gives it that offset effect which is actually better than having equally loud rear (my pioneer deh-80prs actually does this in my scooby, the fronts are louder than the rear, and the rear is there just for "fill").

Can't wait to upgrade speakers and add a beast subwoofer!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by namco View Post
    140 watts stock is 140 watts TOTAL. I would say, 140 / 4 speakers = 35 watts per speaker. Considering the fronts are louder than the rear, I would assume 40 watts in the front and 30 in the rear which gives it that offset effect which is actually better than having equally loud rear (my pioneer deh-80prs actually does this in my scooby, the fronts are louder than the rear, and the rear is there just for "fill").

Can't wait to upgrade speakers and add a beast subwoofer!
    OEM speakers have 15w marked on them as I recall and they're just woofers no twits.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    rofl that's kinda "lame-duck" considering their "wattage" advertisement..... however, my ES does get pretty loud, similar to systems I've installed around the 40-50 watt range, so I was assuming it to be true. from what I understand the speaker uses older technology where the tweeter is a part of the woofer, the shape of the middle double cone makes the higher end frequencies, like old school speakers that were "full range" and had say 70-18khz ranges.

I do however really enjoy the fact that the mirror covers on the mirage can be used for tweeters very easily, and can be done to look every professional which i plan to do with all my other mods when money isn't an issue.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  NewHeadUnit.jpg
Views: 8529
Size:  96.8 KBName:  BassTube.jpg
Views: 8146
Size:  93.6 KBName:  infinity.jpg
Views: 8586
Size:  95.1 KBThe factory speakers and sound system are probably the second worst that I have heard. The worst being a Chevy Spark. Either way, they are both terrible and the speakers are some of the cheapest things I have seen. I have changed everything out and it is like night and day. If you truly enjoy music, the factory system will never be acceptable. This is what I have so far. I installed the tweeters on the black plastic mirror bezel on the front doors. I still need to change out the rear speakers for the same ones I put in the front.
    Last edited by Gnarles2; 02-02-2016 at 05:21 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by namco View Post
    rofl that's kinda "lame-duck" considering their "wattage" advertisement..... however, my ES does get pretty loud, similar to systems I've installed around the 40-50 watt range, so I was assuming it to be true. from what I understand the speaker uses older technology where the tweeter is a part of the woofer, the shape of the middle double cone makes the higher end frequencies, like old school speakers that were "full range" and had say 70-18khz ranges.

I do however really enjoy the fact that the mirror covers on the mirage can be used for tweeters very easily, and can be done to look every professional which i plan to do with all my other mods when money isn't an issue.
    15w RMS vs 35w peak I assume. 35x4=140. The radio output should be very similar 14-18w RMS and 50w peak, they all use the same chipset more or less.

OEM speakers hardly have anything above 10k, I have ran the samples (link posted in other audio thread) and couldn't get much above 10-11k. They are pretty loud and good for POS they are The magnets on them have to be <1/8 lbs

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclopathic View Post
    15w RMS vs 35w peak I assume. 35x4=140. The radio output should be very similar 14-18w RMS and 50w peak, they all use the same chipset more or less.

OEM speakers hardly have anything above 10k, I have ran the samples (link posted in other audio thread) and couldn't get much above 10-11k. They are pretty loud and good for POS they are The magnets on them have to be <1/8 lbs
    Nice. Good to know. I plant to put polk audio mm series in the hot hatchy, 6.5 componemt front and 6.5 coaxial in the rear, with a 12 sub in the back. I didnt want to upgrade the headunit as its actually kinda nice but im guessing it doesnt have the range of output frequency wise id want.... deh 80prs again i guess lol