Thread: Vinyl Wrap?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Vinyl Wrap?

Has anyone tried vinyl wrap on their Mirage yet? My silver car received a bunch of large scratches on the roof this winter, and I'm thinking about having it wrapped in gloss black as a solution.

It really depends on the cost versus getting the paint repaired. I do like the look of cars with black roofs though.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrybeaver View Post
    Has anyone tried vinyl wrap on their Mirage yet? My silver car received a bunch of large scratches on the roof this winter, and I'm thinking about having it wrapped in gloss black as a solution.

It really depends on the cost versus getting the paint repaired. I do like the look of cars with black roofs though.
    It may be something that you can do yourself. I have done it on my old car with a carbon fiber film and it turned out great. I have a bit of it on the front of my mirage now to black out the area in the front. I was actually thinking about doing the roof on my Mirage over the summer. It reminds me of the aluminum roof on the Evo.

Name:  KiaCarbonFiber.jpg
Views: 957
Size:  89.5 KB
    Name:  KiaCarbonFiberClose.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  93.7 KB
    Name:  KiaCarbonFiber3.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  38.9 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gnarles2 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-26-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    I'll bet that looks even better in person. You know how a picture just doesn't quite capture it?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I think it would look cool with the roof and spoiler in black. Something like this.
    Name:  hA5Fuqt.jpg
Views: 1196
Size:  96.9 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I'll bet that looks even better in person. You know how a picture just doesn't quite capture it?
    Yes it did look a lot better in person. It is hard to see the detail with a cell camera.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrybeaver View Post
    I think it would look cool with the roof and spoiler in black. Something like this.
    Name:  hA5Fuqt.jpg
Views: 1196
Size:  96.9 KB
    Yes I like the look of this VW. I would totally do that

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    I'm a really detailed guy. Every time I manually wash the car, I also notice how many chips my car got in the lower part of the side doors. It pisses me of because those will eventually become rust/rusthole. When I bought the car I said to myself this is a new start. ima throw some mudflaps on htis ***** and it aint gonna rust like the old car, on the lower parts of the doors. but no same story. This is isnanity. I thought mudflaps prevented this, but no no... Then I just lost my iinterest in detaling the mirage, because I cant ue my life reparing every sinlge chip I find. I got better things to do also. So I thought never Mitsubishi again, no I'm just kidding. I won't pay for mattalic paint, but use thhe saved money to pay professionals putting some wrap over the car. In that way I don't have to be concerned about chips, washes and waxing anymore. I only need to enjoy its ride!!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Cleartec: I got the 'upgrade' black paint, and frankly it's also astonishingly bad. I may need to wrap my hood before it rusts off.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 36.9 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    eek... good thing i live in the rust belt so i don't miss out on all this natural weight reduction lol

let us know what quote you!