Thread: ECM Reflash and the ECO Light

Member BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

ECM Reflash and the ECO Light

Had the ECM re flash done on my 2015 ES with CVT on 04-19-2016. Noticed the ECO light is behaving a little differently. Prior to re flash, ECO light would remain illuminated if the stop was brief (less than ten seconds). Now when I stop the ECO light instantly goes dark. Have not noticed any difference in indicated fuel economy on either A or B meter. Any thoughts?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.4 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-12-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have a manual, but haven't noticed any difference in the ECO light. I believe it has always gone off shortly before coming to a stop.

I posted this elsewhere, but I had a 6+mpg increase over my average (43 to 49) this first tank after my ECM reflash. However, there were lots of variables: fresh oil change and manual trans fluid the week before, warmer air temps, longer drives, and someone mentioned summer fuel blend is back, as well. So it could totally be a fluke, I'm waiting to see. I haven't heard anyone else mention improved/changed MPG though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm also getting higher MPG readings since it warmed up. I've never paid much attention to the ECO light though, so I couldn't tell you if there was a difference.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 42.7 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.2 mpg (Imp)