Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ethanol and gas mileage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    How come you didnt want the compressor running all the time? Im curious.
    Turning on the AC is a very effective way to decrease mpg’s. I just recharged my system and the compressor is much quieter. But I only use the compressor during the winter to assist in defrosting the windows. Never need AC here, 80 degrees F would be a blistering hot day here on the Oregon Coast.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    How come you didnt want the compressor running all the time? Im curious.
    I only use central air in my home 3 to 4 months of the year. You can sense an instant drain on the engine when the A/C is on. I haven't used the A/C in my car since last August or early September. I could say the same about my home.

I love the manual temperature controls on the lower end 2017+ models. For me, it's an upgrade!

Why would you want the A/C compressor running all the time? Just curious.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 2,127 Posts
    Hey Mark you might want to run your AC periodically to distribute lubricant and maintain seals. I'm pretty sure this is mentioned in the Owner's Manual.

But I'm with you I don't use mine much at all. I better run mine today haha.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hey Mark you might want to run your AC periodically to distribute lubricant and maintain seals. I'm pretty sure this is mentioned in the Owner's Manual. I better run mine today haha.
    I do that, & I have suggested others to do the same in other posts, too. It's a good practice for any car with A/C for sure!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hey Mark you might want to run your AC periodically to distribute lubricant and maintain seals. I'm pretty sure this is mentioned in the Owner's Manual.

But I'm with you I don't use mine much at all. I better run mine today haha.
    I do run the AC about once a week and let it run for a few minutes while I'm driving just to keep the compressor lubricated and maintain the seals. 5 minutes a week at most.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)