Thread: Mirage official snow driving by Masuoka Hiroshi

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Mirage official snow driving by Masuoka Hiroshi

I found this video on the official Mitsubishi TV page, of the Rally Dakar Champ showing the handling of the Mirage in snow and ice with ASC On and Off

https://youtu.be/wiHKSsl47FU

Hope you will guess well the several types of runs and comparison he does.
    Also, he confirms that he participated in the car's development.
    Enjoy watching and if something is not clear I can explain.

Last edited by Dgd; 05-03-2016 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Mis-typing Mirage in the topic

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dgd For This Useful Post:

Cleartec (05-03-2016),cyclopathic (05-05-2016),dspace9 (11-30-2018),Eggman (05-03-2016),flatbroke (05-03-2016),inuvik (05-03-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Thanks for sharing that video here, and welcome to the forum. Do you own a Mirage?

I have another question - why was tape applied to the body of the Mirage in the video?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Thanks for sharing that video here, and welcome to the forum. Do you own a Mirage?

I have another question - why was tape applied to the body of the Mirage in the video?
    Hello Eggman
    I test drove a 14 SE MT the other day and liked it. I was reading what this forum"s members say about the car, so I knew what to pay attention to. The handling was spot on. I now know what the "pro" reviewers had to do to manage to sway the car, and I can say that noone who wants to drive his kids safely will drive that way, but only if sudden obstacle on the road, as can be seen in the video. I was pleasantly surprised by the engine sound or the lack of the intrusive noise at low rpm. While accelerating the engine does its job well and I did not even try to go close to 4000rpm. I know what a Honda Fit sounds when VTech kicks in. I have driven diesel and the 3 banger is smoother than that. Thank you Mirage Forum members! The plan is to buy one for the mpg savings, so the Odyssey only works when there are enough people or stuff to fill it.
    The taping could be camouflage, I guessed :-)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think the tape was more for data recording purposes since the car is white on a complete snow backdrop. Which I'm sure would have been remedied by just using another body color but hey. Watching the ABS react on the ice was quite enjoyable.

Also anything with Hiro Ma gets me, he's one of my favorite drivers. He drove one of the MIEV Evolutions at PPIHC

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    That was my second choice guess :-)
    The test was in Hokkaido where winters are comparable to the Canadian ones, though shorter