Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Ello from Columbia, Missouri

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

'Ello from Columbia, Missouri

'Ello Everyone!

So I haven't got a mirage yet, but soon enough! Currently, I own a 2014 Mitsu Outlander Sport ES that I bought brand new just over 2 years ago. Currently sitting at about 42k miles, I decided to re-look into the Mirage.

Long story short, when I purchased my O.Sport, I had just totaled a BMW 328 convertible and wanted to get something more practical. Once I narrowed my decision away from used cars, I was looking at the Mirage and the O.Sport. Now honestly, I don't get how I like one extreme to the next, but regardless. My dealer pushed me away from the Mirage saying that I would regret the purchase considering I was coming from a sports car and maybe the Sport would be a little bit more up my alley. Now obviously it doesn't really have power, but it makes up in room and drive comfort.

For the past year I've actually been considering swapping for a Mirage to save on fuel costs and such since I was planning on buying my first house (and did!) and wasn't really totally head over heels for the O.Sport. Once the '17 was released it solidified my desire for a Mirage again, haha. I test drove numerous ones and compared it to the 2015s as well, but the styling of the '17 is (in my opinion) leaps and bounds better.

To sum it up, I got with my dealer and ordered a 2017 Mirage GT:
    • Wine Red
    • Rockford Fosgate
    • LED DRLs w/ Garnish

Once it gets to the dealer, they'll be adding:
    • Leather (Black w/ cream inserts)
    • Roof Rack
    • Sunroof (ideally inset, but may have to do spoiler style for headroom)
    • Armrest

So, 60-90 days when it gets to the dealer we'll see how everything looks and officially decide if I'll be adding all the dealer options or not.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Congratulations Gatsby and welcome to the forum.

I *think* you might be the first member to mention a sunroof on their Mirage. It would be nice to see pictures of the car, once you get it. I would also be interested in knowing if there would be any interference between the roof rack and the sunroof. Be sure to make an entry in your Garage here on the forum.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If I were to get a 2017 that is how I would order it too. I was thinking about getting an estimate to have leather put in my car too. I would love if an upholstery shop could add more bolstering to the seats as well.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site and congrats on the ordered Mirage! I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the sunroof installed. Sounds like a nice option.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome Gatsby! Are you great?
    I'm quite excited to see how your Mirage turns out. The additions sound quite exciting.

Welcome & congrats.

The top spec brand new GT trim and those dealer option probably also qualifies as the highest out-the-door price of any car here!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-11-2019)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRage View Post
    Welcome Gatsby! Are you great?
    I'm quite excited to see how your Mirage turns out. The additions sound quite exciting.
    Of course I am, let's hop the mirage will be great as well

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Welcome & congrats.

The top spec brand new GT trim and those dealer option probably also qualifies as the highest out-the-door price of any car here!
    Yah, I'm actually going to end up paying just about the same, possibly a little more, than I did for my O.Sport.

Leather is roughly quoted at a grand at the moment. It depends on final stitching patterns and if I want them to cover the armrest to match or not. Hoping the Wine Red will be complimented with the cream inserts in the leather.

As for the armrest though, I'm searching for aftermarket options as I do not like the factory option all too much. It looks great when closed, and matches the interior flawlessly, but I dislike how to get to the rear cupholder then, it's built into the lid of the armrest, so it would have to be open if anyone in the rear has a drink, thus defeating the purpose of an armrest. Although, I have like two months to decide on this

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    Yah, I'm actually going to end up paying just about the same, possibly a little more, than I did for my O.Sport.

Leather is roughly quoted at a grand at the moment. It depends on final stitching patterns and if I want them to cover the armrest to match or not. Hoping the Wine Red will be complimented with the cream inserts in the leather.
    Let us know when you get tired of your new Mirage and are ready to sell.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

I'm also really interested in seeing the sunroof when you get it.

This is going to be the most-top-of-the-line Mirage on the forum, no doubt.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    welcome to the forum