Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trying to make sense of Mitsubishi oil filter types

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I ran only M1-110 filters for a while. They are very good, the Fram ultra xg7317 is just slightly better and available at Walmart $9 or bulb on eBay $5.75 per filter which makes it the easy choice

2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    ahausheer, will be interested in seeing the results, thanks. Have you needed to add any oil in 10k?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tomrad View Post
    ahausheer, will be interested in seeing the results, thanks. Have you needed to add any oil in 10k?
    None. I started with Mobil 1 0-20 EP 1-2 millimeters above the full line, now after 11,100 miles its a few millimeters below the full line. I am guessing but I think about 1/3 to maybe half of that was captured in my catch can. As far as I can tell its a nice and tight engine. I am confident I will be able to go to 15K and be more than half way between the full and low oil marks. Note - I burnt way way more oil with the thinner Mitsubishi OEM oil, although despite being at nearly 30K miles I suspect my engine was not completely broken in, even though that sounds hard to believe.

I would guess about 60 percent of those miles were at highway cruising speeds (70-80 mph), thus the revs were above 3,500 a fair amount of time with very low engine load.

I am using a Mobil 1 110 filter which I believe has just slightly more capacity than stock. More oil = more cleaning/chemical neutralization ability = longer oil life.

Sorry to thread jack.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gone.a For This Useful Post:

tomrad (07-19-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Good information, thanks! I use regular Mobil 1 but may use the Extended for the next change.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What is the part number of the Mobil 1 extended life ? Thank you. L

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lleake View Post
    The Mobil 1 M1-110 filter comes in an extended oil change interval version. The Mobil 1, 0w-20 motor oil is under the "extended performance" line and is labelled as such on the bottle.

Side note - I will have my 15,000 mile oil change laboratory analysis results in about 3 weeks for all to see.
    Last edited by gone.a; 10-02-2016 at 06:03 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gone.a For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-02-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lleake View Post
    Not sure I understand your question. If you are asking for the motor oil, that should be easy enough to find at a local or online retailer.

If you are asking about Mobil 1 oil filters, forum members here have found both M-108 and M-110 fit. I am looking to see what other filters might fit.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Looks like the filters for Honda Fit, i might be trying it out to see if they fit each other. XD

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codenamezero View Post
    Looks like the filters for Honda Fit, i might be trying it out to see if they fit each other. XD
    The Wix filter listed for the Mirage, 51356XP lists thread specs as M20 x 1.5. Follow the link for more details.

Another Wix filter with similar mating face dimensions and other specifications, but a wider body, is 51334XP

Take a look at the Wix Filter Lookup By Size/Dimension and select the thread size M20 x 1.5 for all their filters with those threadings. It's pretty extensive.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomrad View Post
    ... It just seems strange to me that they would go to the trouble to have a filter specifically made for this one vehicle, when they could have used the one that they already had.
    Because it is even cheaper!

I use a European aftermarket filter that sells for less than half the Mitsu price, and of course it has a non-return valve too.
    It comes from a top quality manufacturer that has been making for decades for brands like Porsche, Audi, Mercedes, VW, BMW, etc. etc.
    With that sort of quality, no need to worry.

Last edited by foama; 10-03-2016 at 01:50 PM.