Thread: uber performance (and video)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

uber performance (and video)

20k on the clock, lots of uber and lyfting, doing great, easy to maintain, durable, passengers love it, good mileage, so far so good, yall having the same experience?

Heres a timelapse i made of my uber driving, cell phone did it automatically, i just turned it on and edited it later

https://youtu.be/-SvvAAuMcgM

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Thestunch For This Useful Post:

inuvik (05-09-2016)

Cool! How aggressive do you drive? Or do you take it easy and use cruise and other hypermiling techniques to try and squeeze out good fuel economy numbers? I'm wondering how Uber customers prefer their drivers to drive, be it fast or rather just any pace.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    Cool! How aggressive do you drive? Or do you take it easy and use cruise and other hypermiling techniques to try and squeeze out good fuel economy numbers? I'm wondering how Uber customers prefer their drivers to drive, be it fast or rather just any pace.
    Uhm, I guess if I was an Uber customer, I would just want my driver to get me where I wanted to go in a safe and BS free fashion. If I couldn't get that I would call in and report the driver. The highway\city streets aren't a place for games. People get killed every day while driving and riding in cars. Self driving cars can't get here fast enough!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Typically i drive nice and easy, people tend to freak if you hustle. I was tipped outrageously to speed it up a bit once, guy was freaking out or on something and his wife told me to take them home asap so i did move with some urgency, though customer safety is my top priority and we have speeding laws so i drive safely and with these things in mind as not to endanger my self my passengers or the public. Safety first lol. Also fuel savings are tops on these cars might as well take it easy, the less i spend the more i earn

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Thestunch For This Useful Post:

flatbroke (05-10-2016)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Does anyone ever negatively comment about using a Mirage for uber? I was considering it as an option for extra income when I get one but heard some people complain of small cars and such. How's it gone for you so far?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No one has complained yet but im very conscious of the car's small size so i try to anticipate where people will sit amd adjust the seats accordingly and if im running the airport, it pays to leave thw cargo tray at home and the trunk empty

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestunch View Post
    No one has complained yet but im very conscious of the car's small size so i try to anticipate where people will sit amd adjust the seats accordingly and if im running the airport, it pays to leave thw cargo tray at home and the trunk empty
    One of the first things I tossed out was that rear cargo tray. It makes the only solid cargo area much harder to use. I know it gives valuables a place to hide but it's not worth the hassle.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flatbroke View Post
    One of the first things I tossed out was that rear cargo tray. It makes the only solid cargo area much harder to use. I know it gives valuables a place to hide but it's not worth the hassle.
    Do you still have it? I'm sure someone here would like to have a spare or even replace a damaged one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My cargo tray is in the closet $40 if anyone wants it lol

Driving with the pace of traffic, I don't hyper mile much and get 45-47 mpg. I accelerate fast for a mirage and keep up with traffic and follow speed limits. It's okay to accelerate a little fast but don't change lanes and fight through traffic.

I always tell my pax I'm sorry the car is so small. They always tell me it's cute and oh it's just fine. I've canceled a few calls with large amounts of luggage.

2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)