Thread: Headlight - auto shut off?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Headlight - auto shut off?

If I understand correctly, these cars have auto-off on the headlights (after three minutes). I left my lights on for about 10 minutes (daytime, raining, had to sit for a while, and I had shut car off). When I went to start it, I noticed the switch was still on, had been on maybe 10-15 min's. But looked like lights were already off? Is that how these work? Hope so, I like to get a lot of use from a battery.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't know the exact timing, but I know I leave them on pretty much all the time, day or night. I never really noticed how long after I turn off the car that they shut off.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wellswebdesign For This Useful Post:

tomrad (05-12-2016)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wellswebdesign View Post
    I don't know the exact timing, but I know I leave them on pretty much all the time, day or night. I never really noticed how long after I turn off the car that they shut off.
    Thanks. I had no idea the Mirage had this feature until today. I noticed that the lights appeared to already be off when I turned the switch off, so that tipped me off.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Neat! I was a bit miffed when I found that the "headlights on" chime was brief and quiet, now that I know they turn off automatically, no biggie.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    They also turn off when you open the door if you have left the switch in the ON position. When you restart the car, they automatically come back on. Very handy for pizza delivery duty in the winter. If you open the door with the headlights on high beam, they will be on low beam when you turn the car back on.

Not too bad for a car that most critics insist has been 'stripped' to make it affordable.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

flatbroke (05-13-2016),MirageRally (01-03-2021)