Thread: Alpine SPR60 300W 6" Coaxial 2-Way Speakers

Country
    Australia
    Thanks

Alpine SPR60 300W 6" Coaxial 2-Way Speakers

Looking at putting these Alpine type R 6 inch speakers in the front door of my car looking for opnions and suggestions as i have just started working on my 2013 mirage thank you kindly Name:  Speakers.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  12.4 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 2,127 Posts
    Hello and welcome to the forum.

Those look like some fine speakers. I'm sure someone here who has changed out their speakers will chime in soon with an opinion. I know that since there is not much room clearance can be a problem, particularly with the window glass.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If your going to keep the stock radio and not add a amplifier you want speakers designed to do that. JBL has some great speakers that give max power from a low power stock radio. These speakers are great if you have power though.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I will be putting in a new LCD navigation unit eventually.
    The Alpine speakers will have more than enough power to support.
    This is the speaker pack I am looking at putting into my car.
    Name:  Speaker Pack.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  16.5 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes the speakers will be able to handle a lot of power, but without the proper power into the speakers their performance won't be as good as a speaker designed to work off headunit power.

The stock mirage headunit puts out 140w max x4= 35w max each channel. Normally rms (continuous power) is around 1/3 of max, so probably around 13w rms per channel.

With a aftermarket they are normally 200w max x4= 50w max per channel. This will give about 15-18w rms

Those speakers your showing are probably 40-60w rms which a headunit will only power them 25-40% of their potential.

Having a JBL speaker that is designed for headunits will give you closer to 50% potential with their lower ohm resistance.

Infinity also are high powered speakers but they also work well with head units, you will loose some base with the infinities but they are very good.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I ran JBL components against these and they were almost as good without the amp, very good headunit speakers.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003KN...1fL&ref=plSrch

Some prefer infinity and I agree they are also an excellent choice

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002C8...0rL&ref=plSrch