Thread: LED strips, where to tap in to??

Country
    United States
    Thanks

LED strips, where to tap in to??

Does any one know what wire to tap into to get LED strips to come on with the dome light?

I was thinking something like this under the doors. I guess they're called puddle lights?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't have a straight answer but I've looked into doing something similar. Your best bet is probably the ground switch in the door jamb. I unscrewed one of these but I couldn't pull it out far enough to see what color wires were coming out of it. If you open up the door you could probably tap into that. There is also the cargo light but I believe that stays on for a little while even after all of the doors are closed.

Edit: You could also use the wire that's connected to the dome light. I can't remember which wire is switched, there's a red, black and purple wire going into the dome light. If you pull it down and test it you could pinpoint exactly which wire is switching the light.

Name:  20160526_184356.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  83.4 KB
    Last edited by anog; 06-08-2016 at 11:59 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 42.7 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.2 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to anog For This Useful Post:

RedRage (06-10-2016)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    yeah i might try this on my new/used Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I recently bought these - they take 3 AAA batteries and can be activated manually (pushbutton) or automatically by placing a magnet on the floor. They're nice because you don't have to drill any holes or mess with any wires, although I haven't actually put them on yet since it's been so crappy out. The only thing I'm not sure of is how well the adhesive will hold up with the summer heat.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 42.7 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.2 mpg (Imp)