Thread: cvt heat exchanger hose sizes?

cvt connoisseur, of sorts OrganicFoxes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Question cvt heat exchanger hose sizes?

I am in the middle of researching parts for cvt cooler project I am doing at the moment and need to know the size of 2 hoses that go from the cvt to the radiator. I really do not want to take a hose off and possibly spill fluid and refill some just to measure this. If anyone for some reason knows the diameter for the outside and inside of those hoses that would be great, or where I can find that information.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 47.6 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The hoses contain Coolant, Not CVT Fluid.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    The hoses contain Coolant, Not CVT Fluid.
    I am aware they are coolant hoses. I already figured out what the size is, not sure if there's a way to take down this thread.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 47.6 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    No need to take it down. Feel free to share what they are incase someone else finds this thread through Google.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No need to take it down. Feel free to share what they are incase someone else finds this thread through Google.
    Good idea considering I can't find it online anywhere, someone might want to replace them. I will update when I find where I wrote them down, somewhere on my desk. Side note, thinking of all my options for a cvt cooler and ended up with possibly having a thermostat that opens and closes at 180F for cvt fluid to flow through a small radiator. Not sure if this has been done by anyone with a mirage but I'll make sure to make a thread about it when I follow through with the project. (after my car gets repaired from an accident, who knows how long that will take)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I know i've seen an aftermarket cooler for the mirage online that had 4 hoses, 2 for the usual coolant lines and 2 more that go to a thermostat controlled cvt fluid radiator. The problem with piping the coolant lines from the OEM cooler to a separate radiator is that in the OEM setup the coolant not only cools the cvt fluid but also warms it up when the car is first started.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I know i've seen an aftermarket cooler for the mirage online that had 4 hoses, 2 for the usual coolant lines and 2 more that go to a thermostat controlled cvt fluid radiator. The problem with piping the coolant lines from the OEM cooler to a separate radiator is that in the OEM setup the coolant not only cools the cvt fluid but also warms it up when the car is first started.
    Yeah thats currently what i'm planning on doing, I found all the parts I need online including the thermostat. Do appreciate that the mirage shares the same trans with the Versa and Sentra, makes things a lot easier. Was easy to find a heat exchanger with fluid pipes, when I did my trans service I used all Nissan oem parts since they were easier to find.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to OrganicFoxes For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-22-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicFoxes View Post
    Do appreciate that the mirage shares the same trans with the Versa and Sentra, makes things a lot easier. Was easy to find a heat exchanger with fluid pipes, when I did my trans service I used all Nissan oem parts since they were easier to find.
    Any chance you could share the part numbers of the Nissan stuff? Could be helpful to others trying the same thing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Any chance you could share the part numbers of the Nissan stuff? Could be helpful to others trying the same thing.
    Sure, all I did was look up RE0F11A JF015E on eBay, followed with what the part is and found them. Anyways here the part number for the pan gasket 31397-3JX0A, paper filter 31726-3JXOA, pan screen filter 31728-3XX0C. For fluid I just used the Valvoline cvt fluid, picked it up at autozone. 5k miles later, everything seems just fine

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OrganicFoxes For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-24-2023),Fummins (10-24-2023),inuvik (10-24-2023)