Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spring install DIY

If you can't find help you could always just pull your struts off and take them to a shop and have them replace the springs. It's only 5 bolts holding each strut in place once the wheel is off.

If you like having a face make sure not to undo the center nut on the top of the strut.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magenta View Post
    I thought I sent you a message, but I can't find it...so maybe I didn't. Looks like your inbox is full.

I just got Eibach springs and wondered how far into WI from MN you are. I would be interested in trading food (beer? What's your thing?) for your experience and use of your tools if you'd help me install them safely. Do I need any other parts (camber bolts, shims? etc.)?

Since I can't send this as a PM, this is open to anyone close to Minneapolis...

Hey I’m no Zimmerman MN, what did you end up doing?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A buddy from my work helped me with them. We did them Friday after work. I drove around quite a bit over the weekend and there is a new rattle coming from the driver's side rear. I want to pull that spring back out and make sure the rubber ends are seated correctly. Also want to make sure the shock (damper) isn't damaged...or bolted in too tight or something. I've been busy (and enjoying the last of motorcycle season) so I haven't gotten to it or taken any pics.

I saw reports of 25mm and 30mm drop. I failed to measure, but it seems like more than an inch to me!��

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magenta View Post
    A buddy from my work helped me with them. We did them Friday after work. I drove around quite a bit over the weekend and there is a new rattle coming from the driver's side rear. I want to pull that spring back out and make sure the rubber ends are seated correctly. Also want to make sure the shock (damper) isn't damaged...or bolted in too tight or something. I've been busy (and enjoying the last of motorcycle season) so I haven't gotten to it or taken any pics.

I saw reports of 25mm and 30mm drop. I failed to measure, but it seems like more than an inch to me!��

Oh okay, well let me know what you figure out about that rattle! I’ll prob end up going with the vw beetle springs and I’ll be carrying around 300lbs daily with my new subwoofer setup.