Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Anyone having A/C issues? (not cold, compressor cycling every few seconds)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    Today was very hot in my country, in some parts 46° celcius, i got 35° in my trip home, i turned the AC (its digital) on and i put 21° and the fan on level one, its enough to keep the temperature fine, putting less than that (it goes to 15°) and its really cold... The strange thing is that it keeps cycling a lot (several times a minute) and the fan always running when i stop, specially when i left the highway and entered the city... Its a struggle to put it going, i have already talked to mitsubishi as i wrote before and they say its normal.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    The scroll type a/c compressor the Mirage uses really zaps the power. I think Mitsubishi missed a opportunity on this and would have had better, less power drain from a electric a/c compressor instead of a belt driven one. The multiple cycling per minute may be a sign of low refrigerant levels but the only way to be sure would be to have the system checked for leaks and charged if necessary.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)